How to Check Cabin Availability?

Guest CunucuMom

Guest CunucuMom

Is there an easier way to check cabin/class availability for a sailing besides starting a fake booking and then checking each class/each deck for open cabins?  I've seen postings about sailings being full prior to the sail date and others have commented on blocks of cabins suddenly opening up (previously reserved for TAs?) and wondered if there's an easier method other than starting a booking to check cabins and later receiving the "finish your booking" email reminder.

I used to be able to see all available cabins by category on *****, but it seems they don't allow that anymore.  Now, you have to fake a booking.  I'd love to hear of other sites/options.

To the OP.  Until 30 days out no way to tell as TAs have cabins blocked that may or may not be sold but on any site show as unavailable.   For example at least 8 cabins were turned back last week for a TRANSATLANTIC that was 30 days out by one TA.

Looking at a couple categories will give you a general idea.  That's all.  Usually a bit clearer after final payment date.

I've only ever found availability by starting the starting a booking process (and I have REALLY tried to figure other methods over the years).  If you choose your site, and don't log in you won't be bombarded by finish your booking emails etc.  There are quite a few good sites out there which are really quick and easy, such as enabling you to use your own browsers bookmarking etc for real speed, but they will never show more than 50 cabins available in each grade, even if 100 are available. So for one that distorts the picture a little bit.  Also look out for guarantee grades... there can be MANY people who have booked a guarantee and are awaiting an allocation so, suddenly, all the availability can disappear overnight.

• Like 1

I don't see a better option for checking on availability than going through the cruiseline's website. 

But, do know that many things change right before final payment. (people decide not to go for a myriad of reasons)

Cabins held by agents for groups are recalled long before final payment time. 

Things can change between final payment and sailing as people get sick/injury/death and are unable to cruise. 

There are several websites that will scan for cabins.  They are also TAs and cannot be mentioned here.  The problem is that until a week or two before sailing many TAs will have group blocks.  Those cabins will not show as available,  but might not be sold.

Also until the final payment date one can cancell and only lose $100 so no real penalty. 

As said lots of categories and subcategories.   Lots of effort for what is not likely to be very accurate. 

On 4/10/2023 at 11:57 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

The problem is that until a week or two before sailing many TAs will have group blocks.  Those cabins will not show as available,  but might not be sold.. 

This gets posted a lot and it is not true. TA’s do not hold specific cabins. Any group space that they held but did not sell is turned back over to the cruise line far in advance of the sail date. 

If you are two weeks from sailing and a cabin is showing unavailable…it’s booked. 

Google "large cruise agency websites" or words to that effect. More than one of the top ten that pop up will allow you to look at flashing dots on each deck showing specific available cabins.

• Like 1