Live from Pearl Boston to beautiful Bermuda 04/07-04/14

styles27

59 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

... So it appears the best time to swim in the Ocean is November December and January.

And, let's not omit the Atlantic hurricane season, that's supposed to run from first of Jun thru end of November each year.  Plus, the unpredictable Nor-Easters that apparently didn't take the winter months off.

@styles27 - Prima is definitely en route, possibly pull into the wharf earlier than originally scheduled - current running at 18 knots with waves at 4 meters (up to 15 ft. - which is rough but manageable for mega ships) ... haven't heard anything different from my gang otherwise.  But, I expect them to share stories after anchoring at the pier.  Situation expected to gradually improved and if not, they will do a number of figure 8 loops around the island first until they can come inside the coral reef channel.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DandytheCop said:

Thanks for this review, traveling in July in a club balcony room 11548. Any possible way you can post a few room pictures. That way I can show DW what it could look like. 

Thanks

You’ll love the club balcony. The shower is huge. It comes with bathrobes also.
Here’s a few pics…we are in 11118

The sofa is near the balcony door I didn’t get a pic of that before they opened it to a bed. 

IMG_7905.jpeg

IMG_7906.jpeg

IMG_7907.jpeg

IMG_7686.jpeg

IMG_7684.jpeg

IMG_7682.jpeg

IMG_7685.jpeg

Edited by styles27
  • Like 5

Good morning!
The sun is shining YAY it’s still very windy!

We will get to a beach today we’re used to cold water at RI beaches. 😎

Last night the show in the theater featured the Pearl singers and dancers. The mics on the girl’s weren’t loud enough. I hope they work that out because they can sing! It was a good show. 

Tonight they’re having an adult comedian however they’re keeping Splash Academy closed while in port so since a lot of us are traveling with kids I can’t imagine it will be well attended. They should have saved this for tomorrow night while we’re at sea. 
We saw him earlier in the cruise on the first night and he was pretty good. 

Teppanyaki dinner was fantastic last evening. We had a great chef and the food was delicious! Highly recommend this!

Will post more later!

• Like 4

On 4/9/2023 at 1:23 PM, styles27 said:

Today’s Freestyle. 
We’re staying on board today. Nice and warm so we’re enjoying the pool with less people around. 

Last night they had a great soloist. Two shows 7 & 9 we went to the late one and there were only about 100-150 people there. I felt bad for her but she did a great job keeping up her energy and great vocals too!

IMG_7791.jpeg

IMG_7792.jpeg

IMG_7793.jpeg

IMG_7794.jpeg

IMG_7795.jpeg

IMG_7796.jpeg

We sailed last week on the Pearl and also saw that show.  She is super talented.  I've seen her in on another cruise years ago and she is very talented. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DandytheCop said:

Thanks for this review, traveling in July in a club balcony room 11548. Any possible way you can post a few room pictures. That way I can show DW what it could look like. 

Thanks

Here is a video of Club Balcony 11090 with the couch before it was made into a bed.  From what I have read since they may not open the doors between the balconies on an adjoining room.  I shot in portrait mode so you can see more.  

Edited by jimsig
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2023 at 1:08 PM, styles27 said:

Our MSC cruise was out of Miami to South America and other islands on the way.
It was 14 days over the New Year’s holiday. 
We were told that there were only 10% American passengers on board with the rest from Europe and South America. 
People were very loud, pushy and straight out rude.
They refused to wait in lines anywhere. 
In the buffet it wasn’t uncommon to have people roughly push in front to take what the entire line of people were waiting to take. 
After 14 days of being pushed and shoved cut in lines and have a man land on my back because his stupid girlfriend thought it was funny to push him into the pool  while my back was turned, we couldn’t wait to get off. We’ve never felt like that before. 

Sounds like you had a large group of Germans Lol

• Haha 2

Nice pic of the club balcony suite ...

My gang on the Prima made its way into Dockyard this morning just fine. Enjoying the ship's infinity pool this afternoon.  Didn't look that crowded. No complaints about motion sickness either.

Apr_11_2023_4_01_43.jpg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, styles27 said:

You’ll love the club balcony. The shower is huge. It comes with bathrobes also.
Here’s a few pics…we are in 11118

The sofa is near the balcony door I didn’t get a pic of that before they opened it to a bed. 

IMG_7905.jpeg

IMG_7906.jpeg

IMG_7907.jpeg

IMG_7686.jpeg

IMG_7684.jpeg

IMG_7682.jpeg

IMG_7685.jpeg

I like where you hung the over the door shoe holder in the bathroom. It does not waste any hooks you may need for other things. This is really a good idea on Pearl with the weird sink and small amount of counter space. Every time I brushed my teeth, I needed to use a cup to rinse everything off the flat part of the sink. No big deal, just slight annoyance. There is a reason why sinks are usually round or oval 🙂  

I am glad that you did not experience the rough seas that we had the Saturday before you on our way to Bermuda. Hope it stays calm for your trip back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the great review! I will be on the Pearl for the 2nd time next month and you got me excited. I'm a lot less stressed than I was this time last year with all the Covid crap. 

Last year I thought the food was just okay but the staff was wonderful. 

• Like 1

We were blessed with a beautiful day despite all of the weather forecasts we were seeing. So lucky! It was breezy but sunny all day! 
Love seeing Prima parked right behind us! Pearl looks longer but Prima is like a skyscraper it’s very tall! 
I think she will be our next NCL cruise, she’s quite magnificent!

@mking8288so happy your family was able to dock this morning!

Today’s Freestyle

IMG_7929.jpeg

IMG_7928.jpeg

IMG_7927.jpeg

IMG_7926.jpeg

IMG_7931.jpeg

IMG_7930.jpeg

Edited by styles27
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

We were blessed with a beautiful day despite all of the weather forecasts we were seeing. So lucky! It was breezy but sunny all day! 
Love seeing Prima parked right behind us! Pearl looks longer but Prima is like a skyscraper it’s very tall! 
I think she will be our next NCL cruise, she’s quite magnificent!

@mking8288so happy your family was able to dock this morning!

Today’s Freestyle

IMG_7929.jpeg

IMG_7928.jpeg

IMG_7927.jpeg

IMG_7926.jpeg

IMG_7931.jpeg

IMG_7930.jpeg

Pearl does look longer but they are the exact same length. The height of the Prima makes it look shorter. Here are the stats...

image.thumb.png.675bf4ce62d749311ed8271e8ea53eec.png

Love seeing both of them docked by each other... 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mawvkysc said:

This is a great review. 

I’m curious if Sonia is doing the same show or a different set of music? There doesn’t seem to have been many production shows. 

Thank you! 
I will let you know about Sonia. She’s a great entertainer we’re looking forward to her second show. 

Sad to see not much in the Stardust Theater, sons and grandson have enjoyed shows in the past not vocalists, adult comedy ok but not for me with sons.

Thank you so much for posting the daily events page, I can plan around the nights with nothing for us. First night lad to see a real show so it will be a good start to our week, hope they have nice costumes.

• Like 2

Thanks for the great review. Our family will be doing this cruise at the end of June. We are very concerned about Splash Academy not being available while in Bermuda. We have specialty restaurant reservations for the 6 adults but did not include the 5 children because they wanted to go to Splash Academy. I contacted NCL to inquire about this policy for the upcoming summer months and was told that Splash Academy is currently back to its full schedule and the hours are posted in the daily planner. I then told him that photos of the daily planner are currently being posted on cruise critic and Splash Academy is clearly not open while the ship is docked in Bermuda, to which I received no reply. Hopefully we can get a more definitive answer from NCL before I try to add 5 children to our dinner reservations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Sad to see not much in the Stardust Theater, sons and grandson have enjoyed shows in the past not vocalists, adult comedy ok but not for me with sons.

Thank you so much for posting the daily events page, I can plan around the nights with nothing for us. First night lad to see a real show so it will be a good start to our week, hope they have nice costumes.

We were on the Pearl last week and same thing, not much entertainment in the Stardust Theater.  It was a comedian 3 nights and Sonia Selbie one night and Legends (which was very good).  Other than that, nothing.  Strange, I have been on many cruises and that was a first.

• Like 3

@cruisernut88 and @Marine Mom 

FWIW - this was shared on one of our upcoming NCL cruise's roll call - (edited/snipped for "key points")

Kinky Boots on the Encore ... , sorry ... but NCL is closing the show in January for "financial reasons". The current cast on board was told yesterday that they're getting their contract cut by almost 3 months. NCL is also closing Priscilla on the Epic and a handful of other production shows across the fleet. 

It's part of the "changes" for our (in)convenience ahead.  We'll just have to deal with it, adjust and find ways and workarounds, much like the "new" once-a-day housekeeping protocols onboard.  NCL's image has taken a beating and lashed at, with at least, ships are operating and sailing quite full lately as a whole.  

@styles27 - apologize for the sidetracked replies above.  Seeing the Pearl live at sea, looking fine aside from a bit of sea swell, not even white caps - smooth sailing back to Beantown, slowly - the ride back should be fine, nothing really of significance to worry about.  

Enjoy the rest of the cruise and thank you for posting & sharing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1