Live from Pearl Boston to beautiful Bermuda 04/07-04/14

styles27

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from styles27! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

styles27 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

My (our) bags are packed, we’re ready to go I’m standing here outside your door….🎶 

I’ve had that song in my head all day! 🙈

I’m looking forward to boarding the beautiful Pearl tomorrow with my husband and our 9 yr old grandson!  
We took him on this cruise last Easter too but we’re expecting a full ship this year.

We live about 45 min south of Boston which is why we cruise to Bermuda as much as we do. You cannot beat not having to fly to a port!

Our last cruise was over New Year’s on MSC Divina for 14

days and it was a not so pleasant experience.

The ship and crew were great no complaints there…it was the hundreds of rude passengers that was hard to take for that many days. 
So back to Norwegian we come and we hope it’s a more positive experience. 

I hope you’ll follow along!(hopefully the internet will cooperate)

Will be back in the morning to report on embarkation! 🛳️

• Like 18

42 minutes ago, styles27 said:

My (our) bags are packed, we’re ready to go I’m standing here outside your door…

Thanks to John Denver, who wrote " Leaving on a Jet Plane" in 1967, and to Peter, Paul, and Mary ( Mary on vocals and Peter and Paul singing harmony), who recorded the song in 1969 and made it the hit it became. Miss them both!

• Like 2

Happy, fun, safe and best wishes for a smooth sailing.  Bon Voyage. 

Following - going to be tracking along with "tools" on Marinetraffic, CruiseMapper, live shipcam (satellite signals permitting while at sea) and do leave a berth open (Dockyard) for the Prima b/c we got our gang of 20+ on your tail leaving Sunday from NY.  Current indicators, Prima facing a rougher ride out at sea with their timing vs. yours.  A good, strong tail wind to your advantage and if the ship is pushing 22-23, 24 knots to get in earlier than planned, it's for good reasons (hand railings are designed and intended for use when necessary)  

Be on the possible lookout, however, for Right Whales sighting - slow zones designated NE of Boston, and also near the waters south of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket (NOAA advisories issued, effective thru 15 April 2023) ... it's their seasonal migratory movement up & down, along coastal North Atlantic.  

https://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/USNOAAFISHERIES-3537071?wgt_ref=USNOAAFISHERIES_WIDGET_1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OrangeCatRamblers said:

@styles27 If you make it to Horseshoe, I would be ever so grateful if you could report back on the prevalence of Portuguese Man o War. Hoping they've found another place to hang out, and hoping they have no impact on your trip! Bon voyage! 

Will do! Last year there were so many on the beach when we were there. 

34 minutes ago, OrangeCatRamblers said:

Last year I stepped on a dried-out one, barefoot! It made the loudest popping sound!! It was alarming!!

Hoping those guys give Bermuda a wide berth this April! 

Yikes! Thank goodness it wasn’t a live one! 

Last April, we were in Bermuda, with Man o' War warnings. We went swimming in Tobacco Bay and Clearwater Beach. We saw a few washed up ones on the shore, but none in the water. I know they were there! But, not prevalent enough to prevent us from swimming. 

Hoping you're able to hit the water! Being a Rhody, I'm sure the water will feel just as pleasant as it did to us NY'ers last year.

Have a stunning trip with the little guy!! 

• Thanks 1

Enjoy your trip!  Hope you have a smoother trip than we had last week.  I loved the Pearl last year and hope to get on her again, please have a burger for me at the late night buffet! 😄 

• Thanks 1

Enjoy embarkation day!   Please keep us posted on how the weather is on the crossing ... windy/choppy seas or sunny and pleasant to sit up on deck?  Swimming in pools?  Fingers crossed for smooth sailing - Have fun!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, styles27 said:

My (our) bags are packed, we’re ready to go I’m standing here outside your door….🎶 

I’ve had that song in my head all day! 🙈

I’m looking forward to boarding the beautiful Pearl tomorrow with my husband and our 9 yr old grandson!  
We took him on this cruise last Easter too but we’re expecting a full ship this year.

We live about 45 min south of Boston which is why we cruise to Bermuda as much as we do. You cannot beat not having to fly to a port!

Our last cruise was over New Year’s on MSC Divina for 14

days and it was a not so pleasant experience.

The ship and crew were great no complaints there…it was the hundreds of rude passengers that was hard to take for that many days. 
So back to Norwegian we come and we hope it’s a more positive experience. 

I hope you’ll follow along!(hopefully the internet will cooperate)

Will be back in the morning to report on embarkation! 🛳️

Following we sail on the 21st. Have a wonderful cruise, enjoy your grandson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Arrived at the Black Falcon cruise terminal at 10:30 and through security and sitting waiting to board by 11:05!  

MUCH smoother process than last year! 
We were told boarding will open soon! 

No matter how many cruises we’ve done we still get very excited at this point! Nothing like seeing the ship for the first time!

IMG_7666.thumb.jpeg.07a8aa2dcb5018c39f801f983a647f27.jpegIMG_7665.thumb.jpeg.f717273735352a924f9583245b15bb35.jpeg

• Like 12

3 hours ago, skatie said:

Enjoy embarkation day!   Please keep us posted on how the weather is on the crossing ... windy/choppy seas or sunny and pleasant to sit up on deck?  Swimming in pools?  Fingers crossed for smooth sailing - Have fun!

Chilly and windy in Beantown  right now but the boys are

in the hottub!

400 kids on this sailing more than 500 next week(MA school break) 

Delicious paella for lunch!

IMG_7676.thumb.jpeg.933f8b57713161a6d99c6a58f6b16ce0.jpegIMG_7670.thumb.jpeg.ab4ec018a067cece75ce783ac1650acb.jpeg

• Like 7

Happy cruising - expect a good tailwind later leaving the Bay out to sea, just a little rougher than usual and some choppy seas, nothing bad and tomorrow should be fine, until you get closer to Dockyard ... faster & sooner that the captain can get the ship docked this Sunday, the better things will be ahead.

Pearl does look just fine, looking the same as it was then when we first saw her in Alaska in 2008 - we're next to her on the Norwegian Star - days of the chocolate midnight buffet, mint on the beds nightly and dial-up-alike internet speed at sea.  NCL's first mega ship built, the Epic was still on the drawing board somewhere in the shipyard then.  

DSC00241.JPG

• Like 3