Trouble contacting Azamara.

Emilady

Just heard from my TA again, who has been trying to complete a booking for the past four days. He gave up on being on hold and tried the call back option yesterday. That didn’t work either - no call back as of this morning. I’ve given up worrying about my free nights and loyalty level mistakes, as well as the OBC error in my upcoming booked cruise, but this is getting ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We too are cruising the first time with Azamara and are on the May 6 cruise out of Barcelona.  We also have another cruise with Azamara October 6 out of Venice.  After the website changeover only the October cruise showed up on my account, and the balance due was wrong.  As of today neither cruise shows up on my account.  Like many of you, I can't reach an agent as the lines are shut down.  At this point I am very disappointed in Azamara.  Like "hamrag" above, I did receive an email from Azamara that notified me that check in for our May cruise would be at the Barcelona pier (rather than on-line check in) so it gives me some confidence that they still have a record of my booking.  Hopefully, they get their website fixed soon.  Good luck to all of you.

On 4/10/2023 at 2:30 PM, Silver Claire said:

Call when lines open at 10am and request a call back. 
We were told that we can't book any excursions now until we are onboard (which is in 8 days time) but hopefully they can hep you with transfers. 
I take it you booked direct rather than via a travel agent?

Did you receive your pre-voyage documents/boarding pass? My cruise is on May 6 and I have not received anything yet

5 minutes ago, journeyazamara said:

Did you receive your pre-voyage documents/boarding pass? My cruise is on May 6 and I have not received anything yet

We received ours today from travel agent on departures  22 and 29 Apr. So yours could be imminent. 

Just now, combine said:

We received ours today from travel agent on departures  22 and 29 Apr. So yours could be imminent. 

Thank you for the reply! Disappointing they only sent it to you 9 days before departure when website says 20-50, but I guess we just need to be happy when we receive anything at all with the current state of the website 😆

To say there have been problems is putting it mildly.

I have been trying to figure out how to get to the cruise port. I have tried calling them.. no go (I work 7AM to 530PM Monday-Friday and when I call their lines are closed so they can help customers sailing in the next 30 days (Funny.. I am sailing TOMORROW) and am in Venice, still with NO way to get to the port with my 92 YEAR OLD mother.

I tried booking a transfer online even this morning and the website does NOT work the windows don't scroll, it tells me I owe money I do NOT owe, etc. PLUS there is NO information of even where the transfer BOARDS to take us to Chioggia.

For 3 weeks I have been telling myself and posting that the issues will resolve and I and others will be able to get things straightened out. But my cruise departs TOMORROW and I am in VENICE with NO WAY to get to Chioggia Port to even BOARD the ship!!!

Suffice to say I am not happy at this situation.

I used the contact form on the website TWICE. Not a single response.

I have not cruised lots.. 6 or 7 cruises the last 12 years, but I have NEVER had any kind of problems this 5 1/2 STAR cruise  has given. I honestly don't know if anything the cruise line does at this point can assuage my frustrations. This is certainly not what I expect from a 5* cruiseline. 

• Like 1

Our airline reservations to our cruise in May were cancelled!! When we called American Airlines, they told us they were cancelled because they were not paid for by Choice Air and our former seats were the only ones available. We tried Choice Air who said to call Azamara. Tuesday, after holding for some time, a rep said he would send an e-mail (copied to us) and we should hear back in 24 hours. Yesterday, we tried calling the company he emailed and were told we had to handle it through Azamara - we also resent the email to the company from Azamara, while on hold for several hours with Azamara (used up the batteries on two house phones). We also left "call back" messages and emailed the rep. Today, we are again holding....  

37 minutes ago, mat105 said:

To say there have been problems is putting it mildly.

I have been trying to figure out how to get to the cruise port. I have tried calling them.. no go (I work 7AM to 530PM Monday-Friday and when I call their lines are closed so they can help customers sailing in the next 30 days (Funny.. I am sailing TOMORROW) and am in Venice, still with NO way to get to the port with my 92 YEAR OLD mother.

I tried booking a transfer online even this morning and the website does NOT work the windows don't scroll, it tells me I owe money I do NOT owe, etc. PLUS there is NO information of even where the transfer BOARDS to take us to Chioggia.

For 3 weeks I have been telling myself and posting that the issues will resolve and I and others will be able to get things straightened out. But my cruise departs TOMORROW and I am in VENICE with NO WAY to get to Chioggia Port to even BOARD the ship!!!

Suffice to say I am not happy at this situation.

I used the contact form on the website TWICE. Not a single response.

I have not cruised lots.. 6 or 7 cruises the last 12 years, but I have NEVER had any kind of problems this 5 1/2 STAR cruise  has given. I honestly don't know if anything the cruise line does at this point can assuage my frustrations. This is certainly not what I expect from a 5* cruiseline. 

I feel terrible for you. Don’t know if it will help, but I found this recently updated info on the Port of Chioggia. It has a Meet & Greet phone number that might be worth calling to at least find out where you need to go for embarkation/

https://www.azamara.com/static-assets/resources/Port-Information/Venice-Chioggia-Port-Directions.pdf

IMG_9839.png

Edited by JaneStarr
To add screenshot

7 minutes ago, JaneStarr said:

I feel terrible for you. Don’t know if it will help, but I found this recently updated info on the Port of Chioggia. It has a Meet & Greet phone number that might be worth calling to at least find out where you need to go for embarkation/

https://www.azamara.com/static-assets/resources/Port-Information/Venice-Chioggia-Port-Directions.pdf

IMG_9839.png

Jane,

Thanks for the info. I will go to hotel reception and see what the charge will be to call the number.

48 minutes ago, mat105 said:

Jane,

Thanks for the info. I will go to hotel reception and see what the charge will be to call the number.

If it’s not a toll-free call on your cell, perhaps the front desk will dial for you. Another possible option is to put your phone in airplane mode, turn on wifi and use wifi calling at no charge.  Unfortunately, your phone usually needs to have wifi calling activated (for the first time) while in the US.

2 hours ago, mat105 said:

Jane,

I would pay the call charge and argue with the cruise line afterward.  It is probably a small price to pay when thinking of the comfort of your mother 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mat105 said:

Jane,

39 minutes ago, uktog said:

I would pay the call charge and argue with the cruise line afterward.  It is probably a small price to pay when thinking of the comfort of your mother 

Might also try calling that US Day of Travel/Trip interruption number collect.

Edited by JaneStarr
  • Like 1

I’m also on the May 6 cruise from Barcelona….at least I’m supposed to be. 

My Choice Air reservations were also cancelled due to “non payment” on Azamara’s part…I paid in full on 01/30/23.  

My transfer from BCN to the port no longer appears even though it was paid in full also.

My excursions are incorrect & they show I owe a balance, which I do not.

They no longer show my Discoverer Plus status…they now show 0 points.

I spent over 5 hours on hold on Monday and was eventually assured the “help tickets” they were completing on my behalf would solve my problems, “hopefully” within 48 hours.  They did reinstate my inbound flights however at least one leg has still not been paid for.  I’ve also submitted two additional help tickets but no results!

If in fact we are all able to achieve our flights and actually make it onboard can you even imagine what the que will be like at customer service??  If Azamara is monitoring this I hope they are planning something to compensate those of us affected.  Upgrade to ultimate drink package could be a start…lol.  At the very least, they need a plan to deal with the surge of customer issues with all of the above!  

I’m beyond frustrated and unless things turn around soon this is bound to affect their bottom line.

• Like 1

All I can say is I'm very, very glad I cancelled our May Venice cruise after reading everyone's nightmare!!!

I entered their web ticket because my booked cruise for next year and my circle program stats are nowhere to be seen.  I received an email a couple of days ago that it's fixed and  showing on the website so I should log in.  NOPE. Not there. 

I know nothing serious at this point for me.  However I WAS going to book another cruise in the Owners Suite Athens to Rome next year.  That's not happening until I"m confident, Azamara has fix their monumental SNAFU and will still be in business next year.

Sorry for all of you experiencing the angst trying to get your, hopefully soon to be, cruises.