Captain's club lounge

maxsales

2 hours ago, maxsales said:

Just wondering why the post bothers you so much.

It just adds to the misinformation; as I was saying earlier, my vote would be for mods to simply edit the title to include the OPs original premise along with reflecting accurate info so something like "there is no longer the nightly event held in the lounge" 

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

10 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It just adds to the misinformation; as I was saying earlier, my vote would be for mods to simply edit the title to include the OPs original premise along with reflecting accurate info so something like "there is no longer the nightly event held in the lounge" 

Interestingly when we first achieved Elite (hate the term) status we sailed a four-day cruise on the Millenium over Thanksgiving.  The cruise director made it a point to reach out to us congratulate us on our achievement and invite us to the "Captain's Club lounge" which at that time was held in Michael's club.

27 minutes ago, the penguins said:

He is still going strong and "pops up" on various ships. Love him or hate him ( we are in the former group) but never leave while he is entertaining. 

He had a permanent home on the Connie for many years.  I still remember all the Perry Grant fan club door signs.  His bit about gated communities was a laugher.

55 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I never heard that mistake made and it seems odd to me that you or your friends would refer to Sky Lounge or Michaels Club as the Captains Club lounge. The cocktail hours were only for Elite and above members and there was usually someone at the door checking status from5-7. I go way back on Celebrity. I recall when Michaels Club was a cigar lounge then later the piano lounge. None I knew ever called it the Captains Club lounge. 

Well Charles I guess you don't know everything, pity.  We had many a fine cocktail on the Millenium in Michaels Club during the CC happy hour.  I am fairly certain others did as well because we weren't alone.

Such fuss over semantics!  

Can everyone agree that the the Sky lounge is a place that was used for a Captains Club Elite event

that didn’t in my mind, make it a Captains Club Elite lounge but if you remember it differently, ok.

the point is, it no longer is used for that event

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, maxsales said:

Well Charles I guess you don't know everything, pity.  We had many a fine cocktail on the Millenium in Michaels Club during the CC happy hour.  I am fairly certain others did as well because we weren't alone.

I didn’t say the Elite cocktail hours events didn’t use Michael's Club. I said it was not a Captain’s Club lounge. Also do you not understand that everyone is a Captain’s Club member after they earn some points? Only Elite and above have the cocktail hours perk. 

6 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Such fuss over semantics!  

Can everyone agree that the the Sky lounge is a place that was used for a Captains Club Elite event

that didn’t in my mind, make it a Captains Club Elite lounge but if you remember it differently, ok.

the point is, it no longer is used for that event

Agree as I've been saying the same thing. Even on other threads. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maxsales said:

Interestingly when we first achieved Elite (hate the term) status we sailed a four-day cruise on the Millenium over Thanksgiving.  The cruise director made it a point to reach out to us congratulate us on our achievement and invite us to the "Captain's Club lounge" which at that time was held in Michael's club.

It’s really interesting that you remember the exact phrase used when that would have been around ten years ago or so…..

But going back to post number one, where you reported that somebody on another site said that there was now a Captains Club lounge on Beyond, did you ever get any further clarity on that ?

Because if there was such a lounge for Captains Club members, was it all members or just Elite, where was it, and how and when was it used?

Edited by cruisestitch

4 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It’s really interesting that you remember the exact phrase used when that would have been around ten years ago or so…..

But going back to post number one, where you reported that somebody on another site said that there was now a Captains Club lounge on Beyond, did you ever get any further clarity on that ?

Because if there was such a lounge for Captains Club members, was it all members or just Elite, where was it, and how and when was it used?

Well, Cruisestitch it was a big event for us.  Our first sailing with Elite status and it was pretty special that the hotel director personally invited us.  However, if you want to call me a liar that is your prerogative.

My point with the entire thread was simply to see if the nightly closed Elite and above event had returned on any Celebrity ship.  I didn't intend for this to denigrate into endless semantics. 

To answer your second point, the other individual never replied to my query for additional information.

Have a nice day!!

9 minutes ago, maxsales said:

My point with the entire thread was simply to see if the nightly closed Elite and above event had returned on any Celebrity ship.

We didn't have it on our March Apex cruise.

February of this year I reached out to the executive office at Celebrity asking if the nightly CC HH  gathering for elite and above will be returning in the Sky Lounge or similar depending on the class of ship. The answer I receive was, "With reference to your question, please be advised that we will not be bringing back the Happy Hour at designated area. It will be available at bars/lounges throughout the ship from 5pm - 7pm daily (excluding embarkation)". 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

February of this year I reached out to the executive office at Celebrity asking if the nightly CC HH  gathering for elite and above will be returning in the Sky Lounge or similar depending on the class of ship. The answer I receive was, "With reference to your question, please be advised that we will not be bringing back the Happy Hour at designated area. It will be available at bars/lounges throughout the ship from 5pm - 7pm daily (excluding embarkation)". 

If there's one common theme with X, it seems anything they've done to reduce staffing levels won't be coming back.  Additionally, when things like this happened BEFORE the pandemic I can't see them ever bringing them back

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, maxsales said:

Well, Cruisestitch it was a big event for us.  Our first sailing with Elite status and it was pretty special that the hotel director personally invited us.  However, if you want to call me a liar that is your prerogative.

My point with the entire thread was simply to see if the nightly closed Elite and above event had returned on any Celebrity ship.  I didn't intend for this to denigrate into endless semantics. 

To answer your second point, the other individual never replied to my query for additional information.

Have a nice day!!

Whoa I never said you were a liar!  I said it was interesting that you recalled the exact invitation’s wording after all this time.  

4 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If there's one common theme with X, it seems anything they've done to reduce staffing levels won't be coming back.  Additionally, when things like this happened BEFORE the pandemic I can't see them ever bringing them back

After our Apex cruise I did add to comments that we were disappointed the decision that CC no longer hosts the evening CC HH for Elite and above in one of the lounges. Rant over.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Thanks for that info. That’s what I expected actually. I post here in the hope that I would be wrong. 

while the nightly drinks from the CC menu are nice, especially if you are sailing cruise only, we miss the social aspect the lounge, err, Happy hour event provided. Plus the passed hors devour weren’t bad. Lol. 

3 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Even Celebrity, in their communication, didn’t call it a Captains Club Lounge, just a Happy hour

IMO, a few Cruise Critic  posters are the ones responsible for calling it the Captains Club Lounge. Not Celebrity's CC or the rest of us. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

After our Apex cruise I did add to comments that we were disappointed the decision that CC no longer hosts the evening CC HH for Elite and above in one of the lounges. Rant over.  

We typically attend the meet the capt/officer events that are held in the daytime, awaiting for a crewmember to take your order and then receiving your drink takes nearly an hour.  I've heard many say for that reason they like the most bar policy.  However, if X doubled the waitstaff, waiting could probably be reduced

2 minutes ago, maxsales said:

while the nightly drinks from the CC menu are nice, especially if you are sailing cruise only, we miss the social aspect the lounge, err, Happy hour event provided. Plus the passed hors devour weren’t bad. Lol. 

I (my wife also) agree and why I reached out to Celebrity. We went to the CC HH even having the CBP and sometimes would request our drinks using our CBPs. For us it was a combination of having a drink or two, a light pre diner snack and talking with others in a quieter venue. I guess were still old school, even on the Apex. 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, patterson3 said:

What ever happened to Perry?

"After ten years on the Constellation doing consecutive contracts in Jan 2013 i moved to the Celebrity Eclipse entertaining in the huge Sky lounge at the top of the ship and evening theater Headline shows. To fill the Sky lounge to capacity every night was beyond my wildest expectations and again the crowds were unbelievable in their response.

After 11 stella years of  it was time for a fresh start and leaving Celebrity in May 2015 I became an independent .Fulfilling contracts for P&O , Saga and an amazing 4 months on the Mega Liner Royal Princess .

At the time of writing ( May 2016 ) I am currently fulfilling a contract for the Number One cruise line and ship in the world ..the Crystal Serenity . It is truly a dream come true to be associated with this prestigious company ."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

We typically attend the meet the capt/officer events that are held in the daytime, awaiting for a crewmember to take your order and then receiving your drink takes nearly an hour.  I've heard many say for that reason they like the most bar policy.  However, if X doubled the waitstaff, waiting could probably be reduced

I guess we are more patient than others. But we've never waited nearly an hour either. The CC Senior Officers Party on our March Apex cruise was held in the Club at 5:15 PM. It was well attended and staffed. No long waits. Nice verity of hors devours and drinks. One of the better CC HH events we've attended. 

• Like 1