Venice to Ravenna Bus Shuttle from Venice City Question

tenmile

We have booked the bus shuttle Celebrity offers from the Venice City Center to Ravenna for our cruise in June. Where exactly do we meet the Celebrity agent and the bus---at the Piazzale Roma or at the Tronchetto? If at the Tronchetto, does someone know the exact location and if it is close to the People Mover? Thanks for any specific information from anyone who has used this transportation. 

Just now, tenmile said:

We have booked the bus shuttle Celebrity offers from the Venice City Center to Ravenna for our cruise in June. Where exactly do we meet the Celebrity agent and the bus---at the Piazzale Roma or at the Tronchetto? If at the Tronchetto, does someone know the exact location and if it is close to the People Mover? Thanks for any specific information from anyone who has used this transportation. 

You need to post at the Venice/Ravenna ports forum and your roll call.  All your answers are there.

11 hours ago, tenmile said:

You probably should confirm with Celebrity where they will meet you.  Hopefully others will chime in to give you past experiences.  I'm pretty sure in past years, it was at Tronchetto.

I've attached a Google Maps photo of the People Mover station on Tronchetto.  You can see a large bus parking lot directly beside it.  I think it's safe to assume the buses would be waiting there for departure to Ravenna.

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 10.03.46 AM.png

Edited by MeHeartCruising

I did this last October on Celebrity Constellation. The Celebrity buses leave from Tronchetto. You take the People Mover from Piazzale Roma. It’s two stops - end of the line. Get off and go down the elevator and the buses are right there. Easy peasy.

The drive is around 2 hours. Don’t count on a stop en route - we didn’t get one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To folks who have taken the Celebrity transfer from Venice to Ravenna we may be taking the Celebrity transfer before our cruise in October. We will be travelling with someone who has mobility issues. Once the bus reaches the port in Ravenna how far away does the bus let us off from where the porters can take our luggage. She is concerned about the distance from the bus to the porter. Thanks for your help.

25 minutes ago, STLCRUISIN said:

To folks who have taken the Celebrity transfer from Venice to Ravenna we may be taking the Celebrity transfer before our cruise in October. We will be travelling with someone who has mobility issues. Once the bus reaches the port in Ravenna how far away does the bus let us off from where the porters can take our luggage. She is concerned about the distance from the bus to the porter. Thanks for your help.

The bus drops you very close to where you can hand over your bags. Maybe 50-60 feet away, depending on your bus’s parking position. The problem is crowd control. You will arrive with several other buses that all leave Venice together and arrive at the port together. If you’re on the first bus and your luggage comes out of the hold right away, you will be done very fast. However, they have one of those zig zag line controls so if you are at the end of the group you may have to stand in a slow moving queue for a while before you can surrender your bags.

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2023 at 9:06 AM, MeHeartCruising said:

You probably should confirm with Celebrity where they will meet you.  Hopefully others will chime in to give you past experiences.  I'm pretty sure in past years, it was at Tronchetto.

I've attached a Google Maps photo of the People Mover station on Tronchetto.  You can see a large bus parking lot directly beside it.  I think it's safe to assume the buses would be waiting there for departure to Ravenna.

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 10.03.46 AM.png

Thank you for sharing this great photo. I have learned that there should be a Celebrity agent at the terminal.

• Like 1