Can items be removed from mini bar?

oceanbeau10

We were on the Beyond, and asked our stewart to remove items from the mini bar.  He told us to leave all the items on the bureau, and they stayed there all week.  We were charged for $70 for items we didn't use.  

Can I use the mini bar for my personal items?  We had the beverages package.

• Like 1

Yes, you can ask for them to be removed and usually your cabin attendant will put them in a bag under the bed.  I always ask for the mini fridge to be emptied and we put our own water and wine etc in it.  We have occasionally been charged for items we did not consume from it…items that did not appear on the itemized bill on the TV the final morning.  A call to Celebrity has gotten the charges refunded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your steward dropped the ball.  The items can be removed so you can put your own items inside, whether or not you have a beverage package.  

they usually put them in a bag and stash themunder the bed or in a closet.

oh, and beverage packages do not include mini bar, so if you do use anything from it you would be charged.

but in your case you should have disputed to charges for items you didnt consume

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The room stewards all do it differently, or from what I seen over my last 4 cruises since startup.  Some have done the bag and but it under bed.  Others have asked us just to put it in one of the draws etc.  I was charged once errantly on one of my cruises, took 5 minutes to straighten out on the phone with Celebrity.  Happens and not to concerned with it 

• Thanks 1

I noticed on my last few post-Covid cruises (which are 5) they don't really stock the mini-bar to capacity like they used to.

Since bottle water for shore excursions is all need since we have a drink package, I been able to get in 5 or 6 bottles (or cans) in the mini-bar without moving what is in the bar. Replenish the water after I use them. So I no longer bother the room steward with having him empty it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

Currently on Solstice, and there is room in mini bar/refrigerator to put personal items without removing any items.  Very convenient.

7 minutes ago, Banjo said:

I noticed on my last few post-Covid cruises (which are 5) they don't really stock the mini-bar to capacity like they used to.

Since bottle water for shore excursions is all need since we have a drink package, I been able to get in 5 or 6 bottles (or cans) in the mini-bar without moving what is in the bar. Replenish the water after I use them. So I no longer bother the room steward with having him empty it.

That has been our experiences on the Summit and Apex.