Solstice B2B - April 15-29 - Mex Riviera & Pac Coastal

aring75

On 4/14/2023 at 12:47 PM, DaKahuna said:

I infer from your post that they do not have the Zacapa Old Fashioned any longer?  That was my 'go to' drink at the WCB.  Don't get me wrong, the Bumbu is excellent as well, I have a bottle here in my 'bar stock' but I really prefer the Zacapa 23. 

Just enjoyed “a few” Zacapa Old Fashioneds (followed DaKahuna recommendation) at WCB on Beyond, so DW checked the bar menus on the app.  It seems that only Reflection shows Bumbu.  Maybe there’s hope, yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

Following. Disembarked Beyond on Sunday, so I’m catching up on all the posts thus far. Thanks for softening my cruise withdrawal with another wonderful live review😊

Thanks!

You’re right. That first few days off the ship at the end of the cruise hit the hardest. 😩

30 minutes ago, WeeDram said:

Just enjoyed “a few” Zacapa Old Fashioneds (followed DaKahuna recommendation) at WCB on Beyond, so DW checked the bar menus on the app.  It seems that only Reflection shows Bumbu.  Maybe there’s hope, yet.

We are planning on trying to get to WCB tonight. I will definitely check!

Also. I love that your CC handle is “WeeDram” and you enjoyed just “a few.” Lol. I think we may count our drinks much the same way. 😆

Kind of cool today, but beautiful weather with the sun and light breeze. Stopped by and grabbed another coffee to go (hazelnut latte with one pump of hazelnut and an extra shot of espresso) and now we are enjoying the great balcony view headed toward San Diego. 

IMG_1144.thumb.jpeg.d1ff4c49b4604360edbd1f9769939e37.jpeg

Sent a bag of laundry out last night. I’ll let you know how long the turn-around takes. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WeeDram said:

Color me jealous - I have been told that Ron Zacap has not been seen on Millennium.  There is no WCB  on M-class  but I was hoping it would be somewhere on board.   Will find out in person on Friday but hopes are not high at this point. 

• Like 1

Just now, DaKahuna said:

So I have to ask --- for the Veuve Cliquot dinner, how many of the pairings where with VC opposed to others?  Seems that you posted a lot of non-VC beverages accompanying the meal.

There were three VC champagnes to start (with refills if desired…and of course I did!) Then the Cloudy Bay SB and the Malbec with the mains. We finished with the Moët and all three of those last wines are also owned by the LVMH label (Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton) which owns Veuve Cliquot Ponsardin. 

Keep in mind, if you’d rather have your scallops and/or steak with one of the champagnes instead, they are more than happy to oblige!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aring75 said:

There were three VC champagnes to start (with refills if desired…and of course I did!) Then the Cloudy Bay SB and the Malbec with the mains. We finished with the Moët and all three of those last wines are also owned by the LVMH label (Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton) which owns Veuve Cliquot Ponsardin. 

Keep in mind, if you’d rather have your scallops and/or steak with one of the champagnes instead, they are more than happy to oblige!

That makes perfect sense.  I was not aware the others were part of the same holding company.  I don't know if they have it on my upcoming cruise as I have not seen it advertised but it sounds like something I'd enjoy - especially the refills.

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

That makes perfect sense.  I was not aware the others were part of the same holding company.  I don't know if they have it on my upcoming cruise as I have not seen it advertised but it sounds like something I'd enjoy - especially the refills.

You can’t book until you get onboard so maybe that’s why you can’t see it in the app just yet. It’s held at Murano (in a private room just for the specialty pairing dinners), so if you think you might be interested I would go there first thing to check on it. 

And you are right!! The generous refills were the best part! 😁

2 hours ago, aring75 said:

You can’t book until you get onboard so maybe that’s why you can’t see it in the app just yet. It’s held at Murano (in a private room just for the specialty pairing dinners), so if you think you might be interested I would go there first thing to check on it. 

And you are right!! The generous refills were the best part! 😁

Makes sense that it would only be available for booking on board.  Will definitely ask as soon as we get aboard.  

No Murano's on M-Class.  So my guess would be Tuscany if they have it at all.  

4 hours ago, aring75 said:

We are planning on trying to get to WCB tonight. I will definitely check!

Also. I love that your CC handle is “WeeDram” and you enjoyed just “a few.” Lol. I think we may count our drinks much the same way. 😆

I don't get the fixation with either rum, check out the added sugar in these, between 20-40g/l, no wonder they taste smooth!

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Makes sense that it would only be available for booking on board.  Will definitely ask as soon as we get aboard.  

No Murano's on M-Class.  So my guess would be Tuscany if they have it at all.  

I know that they do the Chef’s Table dinner. But I honestly don’t remember if they do the VC pairing. 

I hope they do! If you remember, come back and let me know. I’d love to book it on our upcoming Infinity Cruise if it’s available. Thanks!!!

Premium Wine Tasting event today. I feel like the sommelier and table mates can make these events even better. 

IMG_1146.thumb.png.1abd2f24a05716d1763209a6237d0554.png

This is not really a good and wine pairing, but they give you an assortment of fruits, cheeses, etc. to enhance the experience. 

IMG_1147.thumb.jpeg.512a52a017d10b774c8ac754eb4a4fd3.jpeg

A decent variety. Really enjoyed the Amarone. 

IMG_1148.thumb.jpeg.6d70ef681b6cbbe8b3e71bdd95cc032f.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, aring75 said:

A pan-seared scallop followed and was paired with a Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc. Both were excellent. The crisp acidity of the Sauv Blanc perfectly cut through the creaminess of the parsnip purée.

IMG_1124.thumb.jpeg.5854a51c4c5fc2a14b379c021769a4ce.jpeg

After our holiday in New Zealand, our favorite Sauvignon Blanc is Cloudy Bay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the wandering two said:

I don't get the fixation with either rum, check out the added sugar in these, between 20-40g/l, no wonder they taste smooth!

That is the case with most of the better rums.  It’s the smoothness that appeals to me.  I like a good sipping rum and give me a 2-inch square cube of ice and three fingers of Ron Zacapa and I am a happy camper. 

3 hours ago, aring75 said:

I hope they do! If you remember, come back and let me know. I’d love to book it on our upcoming Infinity Cruise if it’s available. Thanks!!!

Will do my best to try and remember. 

I just hope it’s true what they say — alcohol kills brain cells and survival of the fittest dictates that the slow moving brain cells die first.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

That is the case with most of the better rums.  It’s the smoothness that appeals to me.  I like a good sipping rum and give me a 2-inch square cube of ice and three fingers of Ron Zacapa and I am a happy camper. 

Just checked onboard tonight and the WCB still has the Zacapa 23. 😁

IMG_1154.thumb.jpeg.244587ce02e272d8c411daf31774dc5b.jpeg

• Like 2