Solstice B2B - April 15-29 - Mex Riviera & Pac Coastal

aring75

Hello everyone!

Getting last minute packing and cleaning done because tomorrow we fly to Long Beach for B2B cruises on the lovely Solstice!

My last live report (Solstice from Alaska) was interrupted because of a family emergency back home. Hoping for a much less interesting (read: stressful!) cruise this time!

Today we are dog-sitting for the grands. He’s an absolute doll…

IMG_0658.thumb.jpeg.297ae2ff06954ea9cac16e69617fe69f.jpeg

…but is currently very upset with the back yard situation. 

IMG_0648.thumb.jpeg.2ccc834c8a6df34e33a151a6856d68c7.jpeg

IMG_0687.thumb.jpeg.91f3576d80cfa60105cd5d80d17cda97.jpeg

He is not allowing anyone out onto the patio at the moment, so I’m not sure who is sitting whom! 😂

So instead I am packing and trying to cram everything we need into one large suitcase and two carry-on bags. So far I am losing this battle. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We have sailed with Celebrity 11 times and 6 times on the Solstice. She’s a great ship and we have always felt that the staff and crew have been top-notch. 

We are counting down the hours now!!

IMG_0311.thumb.jpeg.53da24d9c67ea774804c606041df19fa.jpeg

It’s getting closer!!

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Looking forward to follow you Live Post.    We really enjoyed our B2B on Solstice.   While she hasn't gone through Revolution she is in great shape and the staff are top notch.

Thanks! And I’m following your live post also. 😊 We are looking into a TA for next year, so I’m really looking forward to hearing all your thoughts!

46 minutes ago, hcat said:

Have a great cruise!

Thank you!

32 minutes ago, JintyGirl said:

Following along - we join you on 22nd but flying out on 15th for a week in San Diego pre-cruise 😊

Nice! Have a great time in San Diego. We’ll be there on the 21st. 😁

• Like 1

Okay. So I’m clearly a terrible packer. Had to use two medium-sized checked bags and two carry-ons. But at least Southwest doesn’t charge extra for the checked luggage. 

Our flight departs in the morning at 6:05. Yes. Six o’clock. In. The. Morning. 

IMG_0722.thumb.jpeg.a55f29618848c4110c63fa4fdf3590a6.jpeg

That means we’ll need to leave the house around 4 am. Yuck. 

There better be some excellent coffee available at the airport. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Angua said:

We will be on board with you for the first cruise, maybe we'll see ya around!

That would be great! Feel free to post any of your thoughts too. I always love hearing about everyone else’s experiences as well. There are so many different ways to enjoy a cruise!

• Like 1

We will be staying two nights at the DoubleTree San Pedro. We usually try to book at Crowne Plaza because of its great location and easy walkability to several restaurants. However, there was no availability when I booked, so we will be trying DT for the first time. 

IMG_0723.thumb.jpeg.7a27693d8796072616d2440b6ae55e39.jpeg

We will have a marina-view King. We’ll see if it looks like the advertised photo. 

IMG_0724.thumb.jpeg.28ce055f85ba00987818b58ec29ad8ba.jpeg

Might be a little too cool to use the pool. We are from Florida and highs in San Pedro are supposed to be in the low 60s. We’ve had 90 degree weather for the past couple of weeks. While I’m looking forward to the cooler temperatures, I don’t see myself jumping in the pool. Brrrr. 

IMG_0725.thumb.jpeg.be05ee2938e678f73e5e8c00becb0f3f.jpeg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, scrapcreator said:

Looking forward to your live trip report. We'd love to do a Pacific Coastal at some point.

Safe travels!

Thanks! This will be our first Pacific Coastal, so I’ll let you know what we think. We’ve been to San Diego and San Francisco before, but only for a couple of days. So I’m really looking forward to the ports!

14 minutes ago, In Toronto said:

We are with you on both of your cruise!  Really looking forward to it.  Will look for you on board.

Ellen and John

Excellent! Should be a great cruise. 😁

39 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Another live review! Can’t wait to follow along, glad the “lives” are all on different itineraries, we’ll be traveling to so many places in the next few weeks 😂 

Lol, yep! And I’m going to have some great threads to read in my down time too! Glad to have you along. 😁

• Like 1

So I needed to grab some Sudafed to fly, so my husband Mark offered to run to CVS for me. I told him to be sure to get the good stuff from behind the pharmacy counter, because the lightweight stuff doesn’t help me on flights. I said “Don’t get the sissy-Sudafed, get the meth-Sudafed.” 😳😂

So what does this man do? He goes to the pharmacy counter and asks for “meth-Sudafed.”

😑

Believe it or not, they actually sold it to him. Pretty sure he’s on a list now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 22

3 hours ago, aring75 said:

That would be great! Feel free to post any of your thoughts too. I always love hearing about everyone else’s experiences as well. There are so many different ways to enjoy a cruise!

I won't have the internet package on the ship, too expensive, but i may comment once we get back home!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Following along on your adventure.  We did the Mexican Riviera leg of this cruise on Solstice and loved it!  Have a great cruise!

Thank you!!

8 hours ago, Angua said:

I won't have the internet package on the ship, too expensive, but i may comment once we get back home!

That would be great! Hope to see you onboard. 😁

Got up at 3:30 am. That hurt. 

Left the house by 4:00 and at the airport at 4:40. Way more crowded than I expected. And we are on a completely full flight. Took forever to get people boarded and settled, but finally took off at 6:17 am. Only 12 minutes late. 

A quick stop in Phoenix, and then on to Long Beach. 

IMG_0726.thumb.jpeg.2471c2a4aa27e6ba610c5a930f29cd48.jpeg

Vacation has officially begun!!

• Like 5

It’s Southwest so I’ve learned not to expect much, but this was probably the least impressive mimosa I have ever had. 

IMG_0730.thumb.jpeg.f737b5ebd5843a4e23b71a6ef3ec2e7d.jpeg

Luckily, we have a premium beverage package so I’m looking for things to only improve from here!!

• Haha 4

It’s Southwest so I’ve learned not to expect much, but this was probably the least impressive mimosa I have ever had. 

IMG_0730.thumb.jpeg.f737b5ebd5843a4e23b71a6ef3ec2e7d.jpeg

Luckily, we have a premium beverage package so I’m looking for things to only improve from here!!