Vietnam Cruise Stops and E-visa

cruisinsusin

On 4/20/2023 at 5:42 PM, terry&mike said:

It was my understanding that an eVisa to Cambodia was not available for cruise ports.  Is that not correct?

On 4/20/2023 at 5:42 PM, terry&mike said:

The Vietnam eVisa is good for 30 days from your date of entry, not from your date of approval, so you can apply earlier than 30 days in advance if you would like to. 
If you are a US citizen, you can also obtain a Cambodian eVisa without mailing in your passport. It’s easy and inexpensive through the government website. 

On 4/21/2023 at 8:44 AM, terry&mike said:

Good point on Cambodia. We flew from Cat Bi in Vietnam into Siem Reap, Cambodia, so the eVisas worked on our itinerary. Several days later we boarded a ship in Cambodia, which sailed on to Vietnam. 

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, SGMJohn said:

Has anyone used Maximus Travel Vietnam for private tours?  The ones offered by Viator.  I see lots of people have used Tours with Xuan.  I was just wondering which tour company to use.  Thank you.

I’ve toured with Xuan on multiple occasions, in both Hoi An and HCMC. Hands down, one of the best guides (and all-around good people) I’ve ever met. 

4 hours ago, Suzi66 said:

Is Cai Lan port the same as Hong Gai when applying for a Visa for Ha Long Bay?  Or are we going to not be able to get an e-visa.  
I am still not sure about what port to put down for Phu My either.

I was told that Cai Lan and the Halong International Cruise port are part of the Hon Gai Seaport Complex and that Phu My is a component port of the Vung Tau Seaport Complex 

IMG_8099.thumb.jpeg.8aee2b124cf02e5870e8672139d80d43.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Goldconnection said:

We have been granted our multiple entry Vietnam visas. Cost for a multi-entry visa $50. Single entry $25. Took about 3 business days to be approved.

Can you please tell me how you filled out the Fullname field?  I have listed last name, first name, middle name.  I have listed first name, middle name, last name.  I keep getting denied.  I have listed exactly as soon on the bottom of my passport.  Very frustrated!  They won't answer inquiries either!

6 hours ago, SGMJohn said:

Can you please tell me how you filled out the Fullname field?  I have listed last name, first name, middle name.  I have listed first name, middle name, last name.  I keep getting denied.  I have listed exactly as soon on the bottom of my passport.  Very frustrated!  They won't answer inquiries either!

You are so correct they will not answer inquiries. For SURNAME I put in my last name. For GIVEN NAME I put first then middle as it appears on the passport. If suing a middle name please make sure you put a space between the first and middle name. PLEASE DO NOT USE A COMMA BETWEEN THE FIRST AND MIDDLE NAME. Let me know if that works.

If this does not work then it must be something else wrong.

Edited by Goldconnection

2 hours ago, Goldconnection said:

You are so correct they will not answer inquiries. For SURNAME I put in my last name. For GIVEN NAME I put first then middle as it appears on the passport. If suing a middle name please make sure you put a space between the first and middle name. PLEASE DO NOT USE A COMMA BETWEEN THE FIRST AND MIDDLE NAME. Let me know if that works.

If this does not work then it must be something else wrong.

Thank you very much.  I have tried this, hopefully I'll find out soon!

We also enter another problem. They need an address for when we are visiting Vietnam. We put down our cruise ship " Celebrity Soltice " and the application was turned down due to that. What address did you put down if cruising for the evisa? Thanks.

4 hours ago, IMswimmer said:

We also enter another problem. They need an address for when we are visiting Vietnam. We put down our cruise ship " Celebrity Soltice " and the application was turned down due to that. What address did you put down if cruising for the evisa? Thanks.

No, I did not put the cruise ship as the name. Someone on the same cruise I am on reached out to the Vietnam Embassy and was giving this as the address. Please keep in mind I am on an NCL cruise ship and we may not dock in the same location. The address I used: Nha Trang seaport, 05 Tran Phu, Vinh Hoa, Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa province. Good luck. 

Visited Vietnam,Saigon and Danang by Azamara in iMarch 2023.  Visa was organised by Ship (you received a card to carry with you when going ashore).Charge to On board account was $6 USD.  Plenty of disgruntled people on board who had organised their visa prior to cruising.

12 minutes ago, Bpos said:

Visited Vietnam,Saigon and Danang by Azamara in iMarch 2023.  Visa was organised by Ship (you received a card to carry with you when going ashore).Charge to On board account was $6 USD.  Plenty of disgruntled people on board who had organised their visa prior to cruising.

That is great information.  Did the cruise line provide the cards to all passengers or one's with excursions only?  Thank you!

4 minutes ago, SGMJohn said:

That is great information.  Did the cruise line provide the cards to all passengers or one's with excursions only?  Thank you!

Everyone received a card, we did our own thing for tours etc.  please note that this was our experience with Azamara.  We have also visited with Princess some years ago (Phu My) who also arranged the same thing but at a much more significant cost to each pax.  

1 hour ago, Bpos said:

Everyone received a card, we did our own thing for tours etc.  please note that this was our experience with Azamara.  We have also visited with Princess some years ago (Phu My) who also arranged the same thing but at a much more significant cost to each pax.  

NCL will not discuss visas with its passengers prior to boarding. We are doing a back to back. Better safe than sorry. Our multi-entry visa is good for both cruises for only $50.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 11:58 AM, IMswimmer said:

Actually we managed to apply online successfully. Just make sure you get the correct information of the Seaport address and it will be fine. Thanks for letting me know.

I am also doing Celebrity cruise Soltice in December.. just wondering which "City/Province" did you select for intended stay at the end when applying for e-visa?

This is the information. Hope it helps.

Tourism

Allowed to entry through checkpoint: Hon Gai Seaport (Hanoi, Ha Long Bay)

Exit through checkpoint: Vung Tau Seaport (Ho Chi Minh, Phu My)

Intended date of entry: date when your cruise is in Vietnam .  

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam:

Celebrity Solstice - 6A Lê Thánh Tông, Hồng Gai, Thành phố Hạ Long, Quảng Ninh 01106, Vietnam

City/Province: Quang Ninh