Koningsdam Music Walk

teacherman

We were on the Koningsdam several years ago and had a wonderful cruise.  We especially enjoyed the Music Walk, with BB King Blues Club and the Rolling Stone Rock and Roll band.  Is that still being presented on the Koningsdam?  I have heard that there may be some changes coming to that area.  We are looking at a 10 night cruise in November.  Any info is welcome.  Thank you.

The K currently has BB Kings, Rolling Stone Rock Room and the Billboard On Board (dual piano players/singers). The Lincoln Center Stage will have gone from the music walk by November but is supposedly moving to the main theatre for a show or two on most (?) sailings.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ms. Alpha said:

On Koningsdam right now and was disappointed to not see the usual rotation of Lincoln Center Stage.We will have to wait and see if there are any classical show on the World Stage 

@Ms. Alpha I was curious about changes after dry dock. Is Blend now gone?

13 hours ago, oceanbeau10 said:

We heard that the lead guitar (Tom) and bass guitar (Matt) from the Rolling Stones Rock Room  ( N. Statendam)  were moving to the Koningsdam ship, and they are outstanding!  I'm sure you will enjoy them!

Agree. Tom rocked the house each night they played during our NS sailing in March. 👍

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 4:03 AM, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Pinnacle class ships are the best.

I would agree, the new Pinnacle class ships still have traditional open air balconies. The Celebrity new E Class ships have the terribly designed IV (Infinite Verandah) balcony which are just an ocean view cabin with a window that opens. When booking in less than a suite, HAL Pinnacle Class ships beats the Celebrity E Class ships hands down. Now when booking a suite on E Class ships, Celebrity wins the title of best ship. 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 6:10 PM, potatopotato said:

I was curious about changes after dry dock. Is Blend now gone?

Nope, it’s still there! They have added the shore excursions desk across from it and reconfigured the crows nest. 

On 4/17/2023 at 8:06 AM, KroozNut said:

Tom rocked the house each night they played during our NS sailing in March.

Tommy, Matt, and Rachel have made their way from the NS to the Koningsdam with a new drummer and bass player (both are excellent). It is great to see them again!

12 minutes ago, robotpony said:

Tommy, Matt, and Rachel have made their way from the NS to the Koningsdam with a new drummer and bass player (both are excellent). It is great to see them again!

Any idea how long they are on the ship for? I cruise Aug 19

• Like 1

Good news about the entertainers coming to Koningsdam. I'm on Koningsdam for an Alaska cruise next month. I really like good live entertainment, but when the performers aren't so good, I'm just embarrassed for them. 

My brother recently did a Caribbean cruise aboard Nieuw Amsterdam. He said the piano bar featured just one woman who was pretty lackluster and mostly ignored by everyone. He also said the BB King Lounge was absolutely packed every evening and, if he didn't get there very early for whatever act preceded the band, it was standing room only. Is this also true aboard the Pinnacle ships?

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 6:36 PM, oceanbeau10 said:

We heard that the lead guitar (Tom) and bass guitar (Matt) from the Rolling Stones Rock Room  ( N. Statendam)  were moving to the Koningsdam ship, and they are outstanding!  I'm sure you will enjoy them!

I'm glad to hear that because the guitarists/vocalists from the Rolling Stones Rock Room were absolutely the best I've seen on HAL and they moved to the N. Statendam recently.

3 hours ago, Colorado Klutch said:

My brother recently did a Caribbean cruise aboard Nieuw Amsterdam. He said the piano bar featured just one woman who was pretty lackluster and mostly ignored by everyone. He also said the BB King Lounge was absolutely packed every evening and, if he didn't get there very early for whatever act preceded the band, it was standing room only. Is this also true aboard the Pinnacle ships?

BB Kings has always been quite crowded on the Koningsdam, so we aim to get there at least 15 minutes prior to showtime.

1 hour ago, Greysandy said:

BB Kings has always been quite crowded on the Koningsdam, so we aim to get there at least 15 minutes prior to showtime.

15 Minutes seems very reasonable. My brother said on the Nieuw Amsterdam he had to get to the venue to watch the magician or whoever was playing before the band or it was a no go. Way more than 15 minutes!

• Like 1

We were on the Koningsdam before the dry dock. On most nights you could NOT arrive 15 minutes before a performance at BBK or Rolling Stone and get a seat. Personally, we did not like leaving one venue to go to another as there was rarely a place to sit. Also, I thought it was rude of people who had seats at one venue and would get up 15 minutes or so before the end of the set to run over to grab seats at the other venue. 

Edited by Coolcruise02

3 minutes ago, Coolcruise02 said:

We were on the Koningsdam before the dry dock. On most nights you could NOT arrive 15 minutes before a performance at BBK or Rolling Stone and get a seat. Personally, we did not like leaving one venue to go to another as there was rarely a place to sit. Also, I thought it was rude of people who had seats at one venue and would get up 15 minutes or so before the end of the set to run over to grab seats at the other venue. 

Sounds like HAL should have more than one venue playing at one time. 

• Like 1

Exactly! The piano players would end and they would kick it over to Rolling Stones. Those people could not come and sit in the Rolling Stones Club as the seats were always full. There is no way the rock band can start before the piano players were done. Then BBK would start right after the rock band or sometimes 15 minutes before Rolling Stones was done. very weird!

Edited by Coolcruise02