Multi-country currency question

Disfan5

We are planning a big trip with a couple different countries.

First stop London for a few days, followed by a MSC Norwegian cruise.  After the cruise, we will be taking the ferry then the train to Paris for on night and then the train to Barcelona, where we will be boarding a transatlantic cruise to NY.

Do you think we will need to exchange currancy for any leg of the trip?  We will have credit cards available.

Last year, we visited London for a few days before heading to Barcelona on a med cruise.  We found that most places were just tap your card and go.  We are not big shoppers, so most of our purchases will be food, excursions, etc.

Norway uses its own currency (Norwegian kroner NOK), but most of us never carry cash anymore. Everything is paid by card, and anywhere tourist-oriented will definitely accept card. We don't really tip guides or drivers, since everyone earns a living wage, so there isn't a need for cash here at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In London, Norway and Paris you will be able to pay for pretty much everything on card. Might be worth having a small amount of local currency, although in the UK some places are now card only. 

Edited by Simon-t

• 5 weeks later...

Different Question, I try to bring back a small bill from every country we visit.  What is the best way to acquire this. Don’t want to hit a ATM because you usually have to take more out than I will really need.  We will be in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, and Finland on this trip. I know some use Euro and already have plenty of those.  Any ideas?

1 hour ago, cruisewiscrrq said:

Different Question, I try to bring back a small bill from every country we visit.  What is the best way to acquire this. Don’t want to hit a ATM because you usually have to take more out than I will really need.  We will be in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, and Finland on this trip. I know some use Euro and already have plenty of those.  Any ideas?

See if a store or other entity will take Euros for a purchase and give you change in the local currency.