Tendered ports?

Aubriee01

Going on a Panama cruise in January '24.  How do we find out which ports are Tendered?  I looked on the Carnival web site, but couldn't find it.   We have excursions in 1.  Ocho Rios, Jamaica, 2. Aruba, 3. Caracao, 4. Cartagena, Columbia, 5. Colon, Panama Canal, 6.Lima, Costa Rica, and 7. Cozumel, Mexico. Anyone have trouble stepping across to the smaller boat?

12 hours ago, Aubriee01 said:

Going on a Panama cruise in January '24.  How do we find out which ports are Tendered?  I looked on the Carnival web site, but couldn't find it.   We have excursions in 1.  Ocho Rios, Jamaica, 2. Aruba, 3. Caracao, 4. Cartagena, Columbia, 5. Colon, Panama Canal, 6.Lima, Costa Rica, and 7. Cozumel, Mexico. Anyone have trouble stepping across to the smaller boat?

Welcome to CC!  I hope the orneriness of some posters (not in this thread) doesn't scare you away.

I just put the dots together and discovered that we're on the same cruise!!  It should be a lot of fun.  Don't forget to join the roll call!

12 hours ago, Aubriee01 said:

Sounds like I'm also on your cruise. I was just reminded for journey cruises no priority boarding and debark .. or for tender so I'm glad no tenders.

Wow you are organized to have booked all those excursions ahead of time. I just got back from a couple of the same ports and did excursions but havent started to plan this cruise next January.  Not even the hotel. 

Did you book them all thru carnival.  I want to spend more time at the locks in Panama but that's as far as I've gotten in my thinking. What did you plan in aruba and curacao? 

Yes, I booked them thru Carnival.  I wanted to do the big canal tour in Panama but it's already full, so booked the 'Grand tour (Eco, Indian, & Locks)' tour.  In Aruba we're doing the Kukoo Kunuko Bus with beach break and in Curaçao doing the Family combo: caves, snorkeling, sights, and beach.

We were disappointed there were only two options for Cartagena, Columbia.  We chose the Sea rumba & old city tour, but not really enthused for it.  Do you think they might add more options?  Only two options seems odd.

Generally they may sell out the online portion of tours, however check with the shore excursion desk as soon as you can after boarding to see if there are any of the Canal tours you are interested in.  Normally they will reserve a portiion of the tours to sell on board.