Luggage Tags

pamps2801

The “ luggage tags “ are only plastic tags with your name and cabin number on them. They are not luggage tags one would use for airline travel. Since we always fly into the Embarkment port a day+ early, we don’t put the tags on until we get ready to go to the port. Their sole purpose is to assist in getting your luggage from the dock to your cabin.

check your mailings from Oceania to ensure they aren’t in there. Easy to miss.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pamps2801 said:

New too Oceania. Where does one go on their website to print luggage tags. I'v searched the website and can't seem to locate it. Our cruise starts in a week.

They’re sent to you in the “Blue Book” (vacation planner) - which BTW is no longer blue.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, pamps2801 said:

New too Oceania. Where does one go on their website to print luggage tags. I'v searched the website and can't seem to locate it. Our cruise starts in a week.

Did you get a  package of brochure like booklets?

they will be in there

If not just ask the Porters at the dock  they will usually have blank ones to fill out with name & cabin number

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

The “ luggage tags “ are only plastic tags with your name and cabin number on them. They are not luggage tags one would use for airline travel. Since we always fly into the Embarkment port a day+ early, we don’t put the tags on until we get ready to go to the port. Their sole purpose is to assist in getting your luggage from the dock to your cabin.

check your mailings from Oceania to ensure they aren’t in there. Easy to miss.

Agree. 

We received luggage tags for our upcoming Regatta cruise in three weeks and have since done a paid upgrade. Wondering if the tags are colour-coded to a specific deck? If not, could we simply delete the current cabin number and enter the new one or are we better advised to get new ones from the porters at the dock? We embark in San Pedro.

Thanks,

Rob

1 minute ago, Robroy said:

We received luggage tags for our upcoming Regatta cruise in three weeks and have since done a paid upgrade. Wondering if the tags are colour-coded to a specific deck? If not, could we simply delete the current cabin number and enter the new one or are we better advised to get new ones from the porters at the dock? We embark in San Pedro.

Thanks,

Rob

In the past they have been color-coded.  Just get new ones at the port.

43 minutes ago, Robroy said:

Thanks,

Rob

We were told to get new ones from the porters.

48 minutes ago, Robroy said:

Thanks,

Rob

What deck  are you on?

Tag colour?

Sometimes you can just put the new cabin number on the tag   you will still get your bags

24 minutes ago, Robroy said:

We're going from deck 8 to deck 6. Original ones are gold in colour.

Cheers,

Rob

Deck 6 will mostly   be Blue  you could put your new cabin number  on them  or just  get new ones at the port

Cabin type may have different colour coding

OS  may be  different than PH  same as the room cards

1 hour ago, Robroy said:

Should have mentioned going from PH to Vista - will check with porters at the dock just to be sure.

Thanks! By the way - what happened to summer up here???? LOL!

Cheers,

Rob

Winter is back 😲

Yes probably better to ask the porters just  to be safe  for quick luggage delivery

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 2:56 PM, pinotlover said:

I am curious as to what these look like. Could anyone post a picture? Also, how many are provided?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, MnDAL said:

I am curious as to what these look like. Could anyone post a picture? Also, how many are provided?

Thanks

There are 4 per person on a standard (US) letter-size page. The part with the writing (name, room #, etc.) is a 5cm x 9cm rectangle, then there is a 16cm long bit with a loop at the end. The long bit goes around the handle of your luggage and the rectangle goes through the loop.

• Like 2

Yes, a plastic but solid, not going to easily rip off but as others have said we did not put ours on until we got to Miami.

Howdy neighbor.  Here to help in any way I can.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, MnDAL said:

And those are PLASTIC? 

More like plastic coated paper.  I wouldn't trust them if it was raining. Suggest putting them in a plastic sleeve.  Unless you put two of them back to back, you can only read one side..  Much preferred the old ones to these.  

36 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

More like plastic coated paper.  I wouldn't trust them if it was raining. Suggest putting them in a plastic sleeve.  Unless you put two of them back to back, you can only read one side..  Much preferred the old ones to these.  

You inspired me to experiment (it doesn't take much 😉 )...an old luggage tag has been submerged in water for about 25 minutes. The ink is intact and the plastic/paper has not been affected; water beads on the surface and no water has penetrated at the edges which I'd expect with paper that has a plastic coating. I will update if there is a change. Yes, this is my Sunday afternoon fun 🥳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

In the UK all documents are now being sent electronically but unfortunately this does not include printable luggage tags. Was not happy with getting them at the cruise terminal, it could be chaos!  Spoke to my TA and she has arranged for some to be sent in the post.

I don't have a problem with printing the tags, I have some very sturdy holders which I have used for other cruise lines.

22 minutes ago, Ocean Mouse said:

In the UK all documents are now being sent electronically but unfortunately this does not include printable luggage tags. Was not happy with getting them at the cruise terminal, it could be chaos!  Spoke to my TA and she has arranged for some to be sent in the post.

I don't have a problem with printing the tags, I have some very sturdy holders which I have used for other cruise lines.

If they don't arrive "JoePDX"  has created his own and posted an editable Word Doc to put your ship, cabin and name on them.

Check Post # 18 on this

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Mouse said:

The luggage tags are sent with the “blue book” cruise planner (which is no longer blue).