Can you see excursions offered before you book?

GSPG

5 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Yes on your account on P&O website.

Sorry, before you have even booked the cruise?

Just went onto the site to login and it asks for a booking reference number.

Thanks

Sadly the pocruises.com website is a *very* poor substitute for what it used to be, esp for potential excursions, FAQ, etc.  Until you have booked there is no definitive list of tours, and even then they may not appear until months/weeks before your cruise.  You may find ideas, by searching this/other P&O social media sites for the port name

• Like 1

yes it is a shame that you can't see them before you book.  I booked a cruise last week to Norway & Iceland and used a tour company to look up tours in the areas I'm going to in the hope P&O may offer something similar

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 7:40 PM, P&O SUE said:

It’s a shame, you can’t see them unfortunately until you’ve booked. I’ve noticed you can see them without booking on Princess but the prices are eye watering!

As are most excursions booked through the cruise line.

A trip to the fjords last year with Ambassador, the train ride at Flam was twice as dear than when you just walked up to the station and bought your ticket on the day!!!!

54 minutes ago, TypicalManc said:

As are most excursions booked through the cruise line.

A trip to the fjords last year with Ambassador, the train ride at Flam was twice as dear than when you just walked up to the station and bought your ticket on the day!!!!

I especially meant Princess’s are much dearer then P&O’s.

Mine were booked on P&O before I travelled , I felt that their Spain and Portugal cruise trips weren't bad price. Once your a pacific member you get 5% off. They did have discounted trips to Lisbon booked on ship I presume they hadn't filled their quota. I've always done excursions off my own previously esp as the towns usually within easy distance, even did a Jerusalem stop over but sadly those days of being active are behind me. I've booked some tours on my upcoming Scandinavian trip, also as a solo travel gives me some company. 

interestingly we had a quick look at some tours for a price comparison and P&O didn't seem to be too much more expensive (unlike Princess when we went a few years ago). The biggest issue I had with P&O though was the lack of arrival/departure time giving us concerns about what we could book time-wise (I know that the tour companies are set-up to account for this but....)