Massage Tasters

Rouque

You sit in a chair and they massage your shoulders for about 5 minutes. They tell you how tense you are and advise you to book a full massage with them immediately. 

Edited by rolloman
spelling
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, rolloman said:

You sit in a chair and they massage your shoulders for about 5 minutes. They tell you how tense you are and advise you to book a full massage with them immediately. 

Oh, you mean it's a sales gimmick.  Imagine that!  LOL

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, fpcruiser said:

the lady gave me a short sample (1 minute) of each of the kinds of massages they offer. She asked me if I wanted to book but it wasn't a hard sell, I would do it again, This was on Enchantment.

Yes it's on Enchantment.  I've never seen it on any of my other cruises.

3 hours ago, Rouque said:

In the app, I see a spa activity called 'Massage Tasters'; does anyone have experience with this?  Is is just a hard sell on booking a full massage?

TIA

I had never noticed the "tasters" before until my last two cruises on navigator and oasis.  Both times the lines to get a short were massive so I gave it a pass.  Your experience might be different on Enchantment but it seems dumb do stand and wait in line for 30 minutes for a 5 minute massage.  

3 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

It escaped you apparently.  I was joking about a "normal" massage being a sales gimmick.

Emojis would help or "LOL".  However, my bad if it was a joke.  

20 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I had never noticed the "tasters" before until my last two cruises on navigator and oasis.  Both times the lines to get a short were massive so I gave it a pass.  Your experience might be different on Enchantment but it seems dumb do stand and wait in line for 30 minutes for a 5 minute massage.  

no one in line on Enchantment

when I was there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toddcan said:

I can't help but feel that the title of this thread is clickbait.  But - it's not 😉

not clickbait - maybe Royal should have picked a better name? It does have a bit of a risqué sound to it.

image.png.24d4fab50b8f55971b49c0cf321810f7.png

• Haha 1

That name is gross. I'd 'try-out' a few different massage types. I'd 'taste' a flight of beer. I'd go to a wine 'tasting'. But there's no way I'd want to 'taste' a massage. Good Lord, I hope a foot massage isn't included in the 'tasting'! 🤢

🙃

• Haha 1