With Once a Day Cleaning, Which is Better if you Need Pullman Couch Service??

So for those who have sailed recently and needed to use the pullout couch, did you find it better to have service in the morning or evening?  Was it easier to put the bed away in the morning and have them set it up for bed at night?  Or was it easier to have them pack it away in the morning and you set it up at night?  One concern is that they will set it up too early if we choose evening service as I've heard reports of them coming between 4-6.  But it sounds easier to not worry about tucking sheets and making it bed worthy and just stashing it away in the morning while giving the steward the harder job in the evening.

Experience to offer?

I think for pullman beds they will stop by a 2nd time, not expect you to do the beds.

On oasis the guy never asked me. Came by about 1 pm which was right in the middle of my day. I wanted either early or during dinner. He skipped a day when I wanted the cabin after lunch. 

Maybe some one can answer if we for sure have a choice. I didnt and he knew I didnt like middle of the afternoon. 

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think for pullman beds they will stop by a 2nd time, not expect you to do the beds

There are reports on CC of the (3rd) beds being left "out" the entire cruise. 

Edited by S.A.M.J.R.
  • Like 1

On Harmony last month they only stopped by once.  We chose evening service which I think was the better option for us. It was pretty easy to push the Pullman back into a sofa for the day and was nice to have it made up for the evening.  There was also less chance of us disturbing the steward when he was making up the cabin when he came in the evening compared to the morning since in the morning we often go back to the room.

10 minutes ago, Grankm21 said:

On Harmony last month they only stopped by once.  We chose evening service which I think was the better option for us. It was pretty easy to push the Pullman back into a sofa for the day and was nice to have it made up for the evening.  There was also less chance of us disturbing the steward when he was making up the cabin when he came in the evening compared to the morning since in the morning we often go back to the room.

What do you do with the sheets and pillows and blankets?  

53 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

What do you do with the sheets and pillows and blankets?  

Keep in mind that there isn’t really a sheet set for the Pullout.  They just put a regular flat sheet tucked over the couch cushions and then place a comforter, folded in half the long way, on top.  We would leave the flat sheets in place, fold up the comforters, place them with the pillows on the couch then push the Pullout back under the couch.  We didn’t mind sitting on the flat sheet on top of the couch cushions during the day. They do leave the comforter plastic bags under the beds, so you could place the comforters in those during the day if you’d like. We either just left them folded on the couch or put them on the bed if we wanted to sit on the couch.  

Also, just wanted to clarify that the pullout we had isn’t like pullouts your may be familiar with.  The pullout part was at the base of the couch, not under the couch cushions. 

We did ask the room steward if they would put the Pullout away each day since I thought that was the protocol for rooms with 3 or more guests, but he said no. 

Edited by Grankm21

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think for pullman beds they will stop by a 2nd time, not expect you to do the beds ... 

27 minutes ago, Grankm21 said:

... We did ask the room steward if they would put the Pullout away each day since I thought that was the protocol for rooms with 3 or more guests, but he said no. 

Okay, two different answers. 

We will be bringing our adult daughter on an upcoming cruise, and she will be sleeping on the pull-out.  Given that we're paying three gratuities for the room, I do expect all our beds to be managed.  I've never even considered removing gratuities, but if the steward doesn't manage our daughter's bed, I might.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Grankm21 said:

It was pretty easy to push the Pullman back into a sofa for the day and was nice to have it made up for the evening.

I assume you meant sofa/couch pullout - the pullman is the bed that comes down from the ceiling/wall and usually requires a special key/tool to move/secure.

The cabin steward may leave the sofa/couch pullout, but maybe less likely with a pullman.

I realize I was very unclear in my subject line...I mean pullout couch, NOT pullman...  So sorry!  Sounds like there isn't a lot of consistency in this area regardless.  Guess we'll find out in a few weeks...

If anyone else has recent sofa bed experience, especially on Harmony, please chime in!  Thanks!