How does onboard upgrading to Princess Plus/Premier work?

CaptainPinata

I see that you can now upgrade to either option onboard on the day of embarkation. Can anyone who has recently sailed on Princess comment how this is done? Does it have to be through guest services? Is it in the app? Stateroom tv? Are there employees selling it?

I'd prefer to sign up with an employee if it reflects well on their performance vs in the app.

Thanks everyone.

3 hours ago, alanasgpa said:

Do they charge your onboard account or your credit card???

If you upgrade onboard it will be charged against your onboard folio which allows you to pay for it with your OBC - if you have any to use.

• Like 1

Just did this for my parents onboard two weeks ago on the app in the part where it says folio, packages, and prizes or something along those lines. For a 5 day cruise, princess plus was $300 each and they had $200 obc each. I was a little worried all of their obc would apply because the app makes you purchase for both people from one person's account. You'll see the credits applied in your journey account. For some reason, they got a $10 discount for the bundle! Don't know how that happened but it was a nice surprise (They paid $180 total after obc for both) I was able to see it was active because now the part where it says packages showed how many of each part of the package they had redeemed aka 0/15 drinks redeemed, 0/2 premium desserts, etc. I don't know if it would make a difference if you sign up with the crew. They would be probably just tell you how to do it in the app unless you're at guest services. I don't think they get any incentives from your buying it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just upgraded from the plus to the premier package yesterday on the Discovery Princess.  I believe there is an incentive if a crew member gets you to upgrade, although it is also possible to take care of it in the app.  
The charge goes onto your folio and you can offset the charges for it with any OBC you might have.  
Both parties in the cabin have to either purchase or upgrade your package.  

if you purchase or upgrade to the Premier Package onboard, don’t forget to stop by Ocean Navigator for your included medallion clip and make your reservations for your specialty dining.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2023 at 1:35 AM, kemarie13 said:

Just did this for my parents onboard two weeks ago on the app in the part where it says folio, packages, and prizes or something along those lines. For a 5 day cruise, princess plus was $300 each and they had $200 obc each. I was a little worried all of their obc would apply because the app makes you purchase for both people from one person's account. You'll see the credits applied in your journey account. For some reason, they got a $10 discount for the bundle! Don't know how that happened but it was a nice surprise (They paid $180 total after obc for both) I was able to see it was active because now the part where it says packages showed how many of each part of the package they had redeemed aka 0/15 drinks redeemed, 0/2 premium desserts, etc. I don't know if it would make a difference if you sign up with the crew. They would be probably just tell you how to do it in the app unless you're at guest services. I don't think they get any incentives from your buying it. 

I wonder if the $10 discount is for medallion delivery.. which is included in the package.  Maybe they paid for it before the cruise?

3 hours ago, Redwing55 said:

I wonder if the $10 discount is for medallion delivery.. which is included in the package.  Maybe they paid for it before the cruise?

No they didn't. They picked up at port. I guess it's nice they give you back the value you can't receive since you're onboard already? I wonder if anyone else has experienced this as well?

• Like 1