Coronation celebrations

Sue-B

5 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

When schedules are announced ahead of open booking, the price of the basic grade of each category is shown, as in this case with the booking going live at the appointed date and hour which in this case, is tomorrow.

I've not even be seeing this, just the announcement. Must be doing something wrong. Ce la vie, I've left it with my travel agent and crossed me fingers. 

21 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I've not even be seeing this, just the announcement. Must be doing something wrong. Ce la vie, I've left it with my travel agent and crossed me fingers. 

I would guess the Grills, in particular, will go within minutes at those prices.

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I would guess the Grills, in particular, will go within minutes at those prices.

Most likely but I would be happy with anything that's available so can but hope. Nothing lost in trying.

• Like 3

Did the website crash shortly after 1pm or was everything already booked? 

The messages I saw were ‘Room not available’ or ‘Itinerary no longer available……’ I tried for a number of different grades of cabin. 

13 minutes ago, Petulia said:

Did the website crash shortly after 1pm or was everything already booked? 

The messages I saw were ‘Room not available’ or ‘Itinerary no longer available……’ I tried for a number of different grades of cabin. 

Same here, No idea if it's sold out or just Cunard's usual IT standards.....

Well that was a trauma! We got to the book button at 1pm but the site then crashed after a few minutes. Two of us trying and 20 mins later it loaded on one of the laptops and all booked for a Queens Grill suite.

Now it's complete panic, never been on a Cunard ship and having to cancelling things next week as well! I may have some questions soon lol

We were booked on the cancelled TA. Had e mail last night with link to special coronation cruise. 

We have booked but it took 30 mins ,2 laptops and a phone on queue for answer ( just in case ) .

Had same problems, site crash and unavailable red notice coming up. Perseverance paid and we managed to book a Queens Grill with our 20% credit. 

So glad we managed to get on. Love sailing in and out of Liverpool. Hope we have a special viewing of coronation and Gala evening. It makes up for disappointment of TA cancellation but a bit of rearranging needed. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Which restaurant?

Don't know, didn't give that any thought, but assumed it would be offered in all the main restaurants.

On the Platinum Jubilee Gala menu the left page was a set 5 course menu with a nod to the 1953 event. On the right was a similar style of menu to what's in that photo.

There was nothing on that menu to suggest it was only for Britannia or Britannia Club, so I assumed it was available throughout the ship but must admit I don't really know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maudeUK said:

We were booked on the cancelled TA. Had e mail last night with link to special coronation cruise. 

We have booked but it took 30 mins ,2 laptops and a phone on queue for answer ( just in case ) .

Had same problems, site crash and unavailable red notice coming up. Perseverance paid and we managed to book a Queens Grill with our 20% credit. 

So glad we managed to get on. Love sailing in and out of Liverpool. Hope we have a special viewing of coronation and Gala evening. It makes up for disappointment of TA cancellation but a bit of rearranging needed. 

Delighted for you - I hope others on the cancelled TA have been as successful and wish you all a very enjoyable, special voyage!

What an absolute cluster flip that was... 

Website is a shambles. TWICE I had a booking, once for Queens Grill and once for Princess Grill, and by the time I got through the payment screen, "Sorry, no rooms in that grade available" DESPITE having an actual room number on my booking summary on the screen in front of me. 

58 minutes to speak to someone on the phone, and by the time I got to that stage, the best he could offer was a deck 8 lifeboat obstructed cabin. 

I declined. 

What an absolute waste of time. 

Will be my last attempt at booking with Cunard for some time. Will do my September B2B and think that will be it. 

I note, they soon deleted their Facebook post promoting the sailing as it was just a litany of people telling them how shocking the booking process was and how many people were disappointed they couldn't get to book because of their poor planning. 

9 minutes ago, T5LHR said:

What an absolute cluster flip that was... 

Website is a shambles. TWICE I had a booking, once for Queens Grill and once for Princess Grill, and by the time I got through the payment screen, "Sorry, no rooms in that grade available" DESPITE having an actual room number on my booking summary on the screen in front of me. 

58 minutes to speak to someone on the phone, and by the time I got to that stage, the best he could offer was a deck 8 lifeboat obstructed cabin. 

I declined. 

What an absolute waste of time. 

Will be my last attempt at booking with Cunard for some time. Will do my September B2B and think that will be it. 

I note, they soon deleted their Facebook post promoting the sailing as it was just a litany of people telling them how shocking the booking process was and how many people were disappointed they couldn't get to book because of their poor planning. 

Absolutely infuriating. Best to employ a travel agent to endure the hassle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Absolutely infuriating. Best to employ a travel agent to endure the hassle.

But when the agent tell you they can't guarantee you will be booked either, then what's someone to do? 

Either way, hope those who got on enjoy it. I will spend my birthday on dry land. 

26 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

Delighted for you - I hope others on the cancelled TA have been as successful and wish you all a very enjoyable, special voyage!

Thank you for your good wishes.

10 minutes ago, RaspberryCremeBrulee said:

Gala Evening theme?

Cruise personaliser shows Roaring Twenties

Thought pre-registration info mentioned Black & White

Does anyone have clarification which it is?

I don't have clarification, but I have a theory. That Roaring Twenties theme (on May 5th) is probably just a hold-over from the schedule for the eastbound crossing originally scheduled during the dates of this new Coronation Celebration cruise. May 5th would have been the second gala evening for that crossing and the second gala evenings of eastbound crossings are always Roaring Twenties. I suspect no one has updated the dress code and theme schedule from that eastbound crossing to what will actually happen on this new Coronation Celebration cruise.

My hunch is May 3rd might be the mentioned Black & White gala since it's typical for Cunard to schedule a Black & White gala on the first sea day after departing Southampton.

I'm not sure if they would plan May 6th, coronation day itself, as a gala evening since that's the evening prior to disembarkation. Of course they certainly might make an exception given the importance of the day.