Parking at or near Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale

grams98

Does anyone have any suggestions for parking at or near Port Everglades for a July one week cruise? Airfares are way too high to fly.  But we don’t know what to do with the car once we get to the cruise port.  I am trying to find a hotel that allows you to pay cruise parking. But can’t find one. And it seems that the Port Terminal won’t allow you to reserve which would be tricky. Any suggestions? Any help much appreciated. Thanks Grams9898

53 minutes ago, grams98 said:

Does anyone have any suggestions for parking at or near Port Everglades for a July one week cruise? Airfares are way too high to fly.  But we don’t know what to do with the car once we get to the cruise port.  I am trying to find a hotel that allows you to pay cruise parking. But can’t find one. And it seems that the Port Terminal won’t allow you to reserve which would be tricky. Any suggestions? Any help much appreciated. Thanks Grams9898

From your profile, it looks like you live in Illinois(?). So, I’m guessing that you’re talking about an approx 1,000 miles minimum driving each way. Not including the value of your time and effort to make that trip, a conservative $0.40 per mile in gas, wear and tear, tolls, etc suggests a starting drive expense of $800. Add to that at least one enroute hotel night each way going and coming for an absolute minimum of $300 total for the two nights (one each way). And then there’s food- let’s add, at least, $100 for “fast food” enroute. 
In all, the true “cost” of that drive will be $1200.

I just checked RT airfares for ORD-MIA. Multiple airlines have current RT July coach fares at under $400/person.  

Even if there’s 4 of you traveling ($1600 total in air tix), that bottom lines to a cost difference of $100/person to fly vs 2 days of driving.

IMO, don’t be “pennywise and pound foolish.”

• Like 1

Thank you so much.  We appreciate all the info. My husband and I are flying. But my daughter and her carload totals 5.  They also need to get from Disney World where they are spending week one to Fort Lauderdale. So for them, economically, it has to be driving. But I will check the link for them on the Florida departure boards. Also, I did just now find one cruise parking lot that would total 80$ for the week and provides shuttles. So thanks again and I will keep searching.  I will include airfares in My search too. But the least they were able to find was costing around 2000$ for 5. 

Park at the port for $15 a day (that’ $105).  It is convenient and safe plus your daughter will not incur any shuttle (usually priced per person) fees or taxi, Uber or Lyft fares to/from the hotel.  

Edited by capriccio

3 hours ago, grams98 said:

Howdy and thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry concerns a specific North American homeport and is off topic there.

To help you out I have moved your thread to the Florida Departures forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that live in or sailed out of Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard the Cruise Critic message boards!

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

2 hours ago, grams98 said:

Thank you so much.  We appreciate all the info. My husband and I are flying. But my daughter and her carload totals 5.  They also need to get from Disney World where they are spending week one to Fort Lauderdale. So for them, economically, it has to be driving. But I will check the link for them on the Florida departure boards. Also, I did just now find one cruise parking lot that would total 80$ for the week and provides shuttles. So thanks again and I will keep searching.  I will include airfares in My search too. But the least they were able to find was costing around 2000$ for 5. 

Tell them to become with the ITA Matrix air search engine. It’s the far more robust version of Google Flights. It doesn’t sell tix but will show you the costs of pretty much every way there is to get from A to B (… to C and beyond) and all the prices that go with them.