Nexus Card Delivery

jy_cruisefan

5 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

I can’t remember how long ours took but they came in regular Canada Post mail to our house.

IIRC, it took about a month, but that was quite a number of years ago. Like you, ours came in the regular mail, no need to sign for them.

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

IIRC, it took about a month, but that was quite a number of years ago. Like you, ours came in the regular mail, no need to sign for them.

We did our renewal during the pandemic and it sure surprised me it came in regular mail-pleasantly surprised though when we both got ours.  

• 3 weeks later...

I got a welcome surprise this week. I have been trying to get my renewal interview for 2 - 3 years. Finally decided to book an appointment at Bellingham, WA (giving up on getting an interview in Canada) as it is an easy cross border trip even though we don't live in the lower mainland.  Entails an overnight stay though. Received an email a couple of days ago informing me that my renewal application has been approved and i no longer have to do the interview. Hoping to receive my card in the mail in the near future. 

A couple of months ago my DH received his renewal card in the mail without getting the email notification.  It was his automatic renewal after the same 2 -3 year interview wait that prompted me to book in the US so that we both had the Nexus card. 

• Like 1

I actually don't travel to the US very often. I want the nexus card for access to the Nexus security lines at Canadian airports regardless if I am flying to the states or somewhere else.  The lines are usually shorter with less requirements. 

26 minutes ago, 1982CruzStart said:

I actually don't travel to the US very often. I want the nexus card for access to the Nexus security lines at Canadian airports regardless if I am flying to the states or somewhere else.  The lines are usually shorter with less requirements. 

Can you use the Nexus cards  when going to Europe??

I thought it was just  for crossing into the  USA via land or air

We do not travel much  so never really looked into it

3 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You cannot use it in the EU 

Can you use it to get through security faster  in Canada if flying to UK or Europe?

On your return to Canada  in a Canadian airport from Countries other than the USA?

Sorry i did not spell it out  completely

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

Can you use it to get through security faster  in Canada if flying to UK or Europe?

On your return to Canada  in a Canadian airport from Countries other than the USA?

Sorry i did not spell it out  completely

Yes.

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nexus does help cross into Canada from any country at airport, there is a separate line for Necus card holders 

NEXUS is a joint Canada Border Services Agency and U.S. Customs and Border Protection-operated Trusted Traveler and expedited border control program designed for pre-approved, low-risk travelers.

34 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Nexus does help cross into Canada from any country at airport, there is a separate line for Necus card holders 

NEXUS is a joint Canada Border Services Agency and U.S. Customs and Border Protection-operated Trusted Traveler and expedited border control program designed for pre-approved, low-risk travelers.

Thank you

I have only seen it when going to the USA

Good to know

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Thank you

I have only seen it when going to the USA

Good to know

NEXUS lines exist for all departing flights, to the US, other international destinations, and even domestic flights.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

NEXUS lines exist for all departing flights, to the US, other international destinations, and even domestic flights.

Just to clarify, those lines are for security. In addition, of course, there is a NEXUS line for US customs preclearance. 

On the arrivals side, there are NEXUS lines for all international arrivals. 

4 hours ago, gnome12 said:

Just to clarify, those lines are for security. In addition, of course, there is a NEXUS line for US customs preclearance. 

On the arrivals side, there are NEXUS lines for all international arrivals. 

A NEXUS line serves exactly the same purpose in all outbound situations: saving time. It doesn't matter whether it's a line into security or US pre-clearance.