LIVE * Prima * April 30 – May 7, 2023 * Aft OS

HBCcruiser

11 minutes ago, McGarrett5oh said:

Lots of rain on the potential course out of NYC.  With a full day tomorrow to get to Bermuda, I wonder if the Captain will delay departure a few hours so as to have smoother sailing after the system moves north?

Last Sunday with better weather, Prima didn’t depart until near dusk.  

3A7E440E-F432-4F2D-A585-E1CA3B34514E.jpeg

Let’s just keep that $…t away from Bermuda!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KmomChicago said:

Holy crap! What kind of rich people are you? 

We are not!😂 Just had a ton of cruise credits due to Covid cancellations. I’m an educator BTW.

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

We are not!😂 Just had a ton of cruise credits due to Covid cancellations. I’m an educator BTW.

Whelp enjoy living like they do on the other side in that case. 

I have been in a couple of much smaller suites on a couple of my cruises (Grand Suite on Carnival Legend, Junior Suite on Adventure of the Seas) but never in a multi-room suite, never a ship-within-a-ship experience, and literally for every single cruise my first instinct still is to figure out how cheap I can get an interior room.  

Which is why CC trip reviews are so important to me, so I can stow away for exactly the fare I like to pay best!  Having fun tagging along so far, thank you!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Feedback on the bathroom plug and shelf situation. The bathroom plug won’t work for most hair straighteners, curling irons and such. My DH brought a long extension cord that works well! No shelves in the shower or toilet area or sink. Also no towel racks. Just an FYI. 

bathroom plug

IMG_2938.thumb.jpeg.3b2ce14ddea931ab9fd335577a8a804c.jpeg

IMG_2976.thumb.jpeg.cada6e8c1e0cc467e9f6a852d76e38af.jpeg

IMG_2927.thumb.jpeg.70b867453bd17d3cde598e83e4923b8d.jpeg

• Like 2

My DH had a great idea. They should do mock ups of all cabin types prior to the actual build, have pax like all of us stay in them for a few days to note all of the design flaws. It would save them a lot of headaches IMO.

• Like 7

Safe travels to Bermuda, with the " engine " mid-ship the ride over will be smoother. Our TA from Iceland to Halifax had a similar type of sea conditions, Capt. Roger kept the foot down on the pedal, called the Prima the Italian Ferrari.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

Feedback on the bathroom plug and shelf situation. The bathroom plug won’t work for most hair straighteners, curling irons and such. My DH brought a long extension cord that works well! No shelves in the shower or toilet area or sink. Also no towel racks. Just an FYI. 

bathroom plug

IMG_2938.thumb.jpeg.3b2ce14ddea931ab9fd335577a8a804c.jpeg

IMG_2976.thumb.jpeg.cada6e8c1e0cc467e9f6a852d76e38af.jpeg

IMG_2927.thumb.jpeg.70b867453bd17d3cde598e83e4923b8d.jpeg

Interesting. The 2 Bedroom Haven suite had 2 deep shelves in the shower. And a big mirror in the toilet room--across from the toilet, no less. :-0

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

My DH had a great idea. They should do mock ups of all cabin types prior to the actual build, have pax like all of us stay in them for a few days to note all of the design flaws. It would save them a lot of headaches IMO.

You might suggest to staff if you are having a meet and greet.  Additionally, mention on your post cruise survey.  They, I think, are still working on Viva so they might still be able to make some changes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Most importantly, thank you SO MUCH for taking time out of (seriously) precious vacation time to post and keep us entertained!

In all seriousness, I have been telling my partner for YEARS that cabin/suite design won't change until cruise line executives are forced to spend 72 hours in a cabin mock-up with their spouses/partners/girlfriend/boyfriends with NO ability to bring in or change what has been provided.

No going home to have a quick change or shower!

Let's see how long it would take for changes to occur ....

• Like 4