airport ride to port at Trieste

JMorris271

I posted this question in this forum because I feel there is more exposure here rather than one of the more specific topic  rooms because I think people going into the more specific rooms because they  are seeking info because they may be less exposed to the location and more are less likely  know the answer. Please don't move this question.

Can anyone tell me the best way to get from Marco Polo to Trieste?

Thanks

If you go online to your cruise booking, there should be "under excursions" an opportunity to book a transfer from the airport to the cruise port.

We're going to fly in early, spend a few days in Venice, then we'll take a water taxi back to the airport and catch the shuttle.

The easiest, most efficient option is a cruiseline transfer since it takes you door to door. About $60pp.

The train and bus are also options;  way cheaper but require more effort since they're not door to door.  In Trieste the train station and bus depot are within a block of each other, but you'll need to walk about 20 minutes to the pier, or wait for a cab.    And there is no train station at Marco Polo so you will need to get yourself to Mestre to board the train, From the airport to Mestre train station is a 15 ride, about 40 E for a cab or 10Epp for the ATVO express bus.

We arrived for 2 nights precruise so we took the train from Mestre to Trieste, 2 hrs, 15E. 

After the cruise we used FlixBus from Trieste to Marco Polo, 2 hrs 15E.