Silver Nova Float-out

voyager23

She's yet to have her funnels put in place.  That may contribute to the "discombobulated" look.  That and the fact that she was purposely designed as an asymmetrical vessel.  At 54,700 GT and with 728 passengers she has a 75.1 passenger to space ratio giving her the best passenger to space ratio in the Silversea fleet and among the best in the luxury cruise industry.

22 minutes ago, toseaornottosea said:

She's yet to have her funnels put in place.  That may contribute to the "discombobulated" look.  That and the fact that she was purposely designed as an asymmetrical vessel. 

Looks a lot more 'symmetrical' in some ways than the previous generation design.  My wife still comments on the odd look of the of profile of the Muse class.

1 hour ago, toseaornottosea said:

She's yet to have her funnels put in place.  That may contribute to the "discombobulated" look.  That and the fact that she was purposely designed as an asymmetrical vessel.  At 54,700 GT and with 728 passengers she has a 75.1 passenger to space ratio giving her the best passenger to space ratio in the Silversea fleet and among the best in the luxury cruise industry.

Thx.  I appreciate your perspective.  

To my eye, the thing I struggle with is that she looks out of balance.  As you noted, asymmetrical. With the extra width she has just makes her a bit lumpy in the rear.  And, when paired with her sun glasses upfront, everything just seems a bit over the top. 😁

I’m just whining.  Nothing that will keep me from booking a voyage on her.  I imagine she’ll be a great ship.

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

The thing I struggle with is that she looks out of balance.  With the extra width she has just makes her a bit lumpy in the rear.  And, when paired with her sun glasses upfront, everything just seems a bit over the top. 😁

That could describe me after too much of Silversea's wonderful champagne and desserts! 😄

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

That could describe me after too much of Silversea's wonderful champagne and desserts! 😄

I must admit as I wrote that comment that the first line of Sir Mix-a-Lot‘s song “Baby Got Back” did pop into my mind. 😆

• Haha 1

Good morning, did any of you get an email with a "Float Out" VIdeo?  I got one this morning and I think the inside of the ship is going to be beautiful😀 There are 3 sets of videos......one is a little over 2 minutes and shows the restaurant/bar venues, etc..........I am sailing her in November and as much as I love Moon and Dawn, I can't wait to sail Nova!😀oh, the Dusk Bar looks good to me!

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 5:40 PM, Lois R said:

Good morning, did any of you get an email with a "Float Out" VIdeo?  I got one this morning and I think the inside of the ship is going to be beautiful😀 There are 3 sets of videos......one is a little over 2 minutes and shows the restaurant/bar venues, etc..........I am sailing her in November and as much as I love Moon and Dawn, I can't wait to sail Nova!😀oh, the Dusk Bar looks good to me!

Please share the video links Lois, as we are sailing on the Nova in Oct and would love to see the videos of the interior.

Thanks in advance, Wayne

8 minutes ago, Doolz said:

Please share the video links Lois, as we are sailing on the Nova in Oct and would love to see the videos of the interior.

Thanks in advance, Wayne

Hi Wayne, it is on the website but here is the link.......click on the picture. It should give you 3 separate videos, the longest one is  2minutes/13seconds.

https://www.silversea.com/lp-silver-nova.html?cid_email=em_USA_EM2301195612_VS_CLASSIC_CON_DEM_LINK&IndividualId=18168223&utm_campaign=USA_EM2301195612_VS&utm_source=USA&utm_medium=Email&cid=131427&mid=335700172

• Like 1

Now all of a sudden we’re interested and watching closely.  We just today had to switch our trans-Panama Canal cruise on the Shadow in December to the same basic itinerary on the Nova April 2024.  Was looking forward to the Shadow and now have to switch gears to a whole new ship and design.  👍

1 hour ago, Randyk47 said:

Now all of a sudden we’re interested and watching closely.  We just today had to switch our trans-Panama Canal cruise on the Shadow in December to the same basic itinerary on the Nova April 2024.  Was looking forward to the Shadow and now have to switch gears to a whole new ship and design.  👍

Randy, you are going on the TA crossing from Ft. Lauderdale in April on Nova? Guess what? Me too😀...so, if everything stays as is we will finally get to sail together!😀

54 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Randy, you are going on the TA crossing from Ft. Lauderdale in April on Nova? Guess what? Me too😀...so, if everything stays as is we will finally get to sail together!😀

We’ve switched…actually delayed….out of our planned Shadow trans-Panama Canal cruise in December to the Nova’s trans-Panama Canal in April 2024.   Basically the same itinerary of Ft Lauderdale to San Francisco