San Pedro from LAX

lion1956

If you’re not already locked into your San Pedro hotel choice, consider staying at LAX, then Ubering the morning of the cruise. We usually do this (late pm arrival) and the LAX hotel shuttles pick up right at the airport as opposed to the Ubers. We usually only pay around $30 the morning of the cruise to get to San Pedro (30 min)

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 1

We use DN Transportation LAX. We have used them 4 times The owner, Renee, is a super nice guy. Has always been reliable and on time. The service we receive is excellent and we think the price is reasonable for the service we receive. Black Cadillac Escalade.

20 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Take shuttle to LAXit and get rideshare. If it’s crazy busy pay around $70 with tip to take a taxi. 

Last October we were told the same thing re: taxi prices at the taxi stand.  So we decided to take it.  Wrong move.  Traffic was terrible and the meter read $110.  Will do Uber or Lyft.  By the way we landed at terminal 7 and walked to the ride share area.  It's next to terminal 1 and there were a couple of walk lights that helped from a safety perspective.  At least we were right across from that area, wouldn't recommend walking from other terminals (other than 1).

21 hours ago, lion1956 said:

Our cruise in May is out of the san pedro cruise terminal, when we land in LAX what is the best way to get to our san pedro hotel?  We arrive the day before the cruise

I'll share my story for what it's worth...

I arrived at LAX for San Pedro departures twice - April 2022 and last March.  Both times I did the Lyft thing.  The first one was straight to the terminal and cost $65.  The other was to the nearby Crowne Plaza and cost $60.  Both amounts included my tip.

We arrived two days early to LAX, rented a car from Enterprise, had use of it to enjoy a bit of the area. We checked into the Crown Hotel in San Pedro and returned the car around the corner from the hotel.  All very convenient, however, it was a zoo picking up the car from LAX....just the hassles of the shuttle to the Enterprise Office, checking out the car, etc.  Nothing too out of the ordinary at a large and busy airport....just a hassle.  

Paid $68 plus tip from San Pedro to Lax terminal 2 earlier this month, for two adults, two large cases and two roll aboards. Took about 45 minutes. Dropped at door to international departures. Road was quite busy. Board at taxi stand showed $65 so we were a little over due to traffic.

We rarely do princess transfers but from or to LAX, they seem to be a bargain…one never knows about the traffic.

this trip we are doing San Pedrobto LAX on a weekday morning…$68 for two.

On 4/30/2023 at 10:47 AM, lion1956 said:

Our cruise in May is out of the san pedro cruise terminal, when we land in LAX what is the best way to get to our san pedro hotel?  We arrive the day before the cruise

When we cruised the Panama Canal, we landed at LAX and then we were coached by our daughter how to book Uber. It worked very well and we were in San Pedro at the Crowne Plaza Hotel about 35 minutes later. We spent the first 28 years of our lives in S. CA so we had a great conversation with our driver. The fee was about $35.00. We arrived the day before the cruise. (January 2018).

We just stayed in San Pedro. The Uber cost at 7:45 pm the night before our cruise was 48.00 plus tip, 3 weeks ago. We wanted to be as close to the port as possible in the morning.  The people working at LAXit

were very kind, and showed me how it worked there and directed us to the right location for our pick up. I had never used an Uber before. 
The believe taxi fee would have been higher. We’ve paid about 75.00 a few times, depending on time of day.