Upgrade drink package over phone to get Elite discount, can I use my available onboard credit?

Cruise Gopher

I have OBC available to use as showing in the online planner and I want to upgrade my drink package to premium and get my Elite discount so I have to call. Wondering if they will be able to use that OBC to pay for it? Anyone know?

6 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

I have OBC available to use as showing in the online planner and I want to upgrade my drink package to premium and get my Elite discount so I have to call. Wondering if they will be able to use that OBC to pay for it? Anyone know?

I have been able to in the past and plan on calling this week to do so for my upcoming cruise. The balance of the OBC in the planner won't cover the total upgrade amount. I'll use a credit card for the difference. 

• Thanks 1

I don’t have a definitive answer but typically if you put something in your cart on the Celebrity page, like an excursion you can use celebrity obc to pay for it.  Not sure how it works over the phone. May I ask what number you plan to call?  I have the same situation. 

• Like 1

Yes, I have called to upgrade from Classic (included in booking) to Premium…need to call to get my Elite Plus discount…the agent has often asked me if I want to use my OBC.  If they don’t ask…bring it up yourself.  Keep in mind sometimes your TA may have given you OBC that won’t appear until you board.  But if you are talking about OBC you see in your app or website planner, yes you can use it for the upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I don’t have a definitive answer but typically if you put something in your cart on the Celebrity page, like an excursion you can use celebrity obc to pay for it.  Not sure how it works over the phone. May I ask what number you plan to call?  I have the same situation. 

800-760-0654

• Thanks 1

Can I ask what price you are getting for the upgrade? I was just told its $20 a day after discount to upgrade from Classic to Premium - Thats almost double what it used to be. - Is that right??

1 minute ago, jeremybe said:

Can I ask what price you are getting for the upgrade? I was just told its $20 a day after discount to upgrade from Classic to Premium - Thats almost double what it used to be. - Is that right??

The upgrade is now 20 per day plus 20% grats so 24 total per day.  Yes the prices did go up sometime in Fall 22 I believe.  

5 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

The upgrade is now 20 per day plus 20% grats so 24 total per day.  Yes the prices did go up sometime in Fall 22 I believe.  

Thank you - Huge increase - And to the original question - Yes, I was able to use my onboard credit for it - I think this will be the last time I upgrade to premium, from now on I'll just pay the per drink upgrade cost... more economical