Flight Boarding passes

lottee

Has anyone had problems printing flight boarding passes? We are on Celebrity Reflection on 22nd May, we have been able to print the boarding passes for the flight going out from Birmingham to Rome airport but we cannot book the boarding passes for the flight home from Barcelona to Birmingham, has anyone else had the same problem? The flight is with Jet2 both ways booked through Celebrity.

I used to prefer printed boarding passes to relying on my phone.  I've become a convert and never had a problem with electronic boarding passes on my phone.  It seems to me that the overwhelming majority of travelers have adopted them.  Might be worth giving it a try?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Don't Jet2 have a 28 day limit on completing check-in and printing the boarding pass?

They must have something like that.   I don't think I've ever been able to print a boarding pass that far in advance.  Typically we can get boarding passes 24 hours in advance.   I guess it is different countries, different carriers, different rules.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ldubs said:

They must have something like that.   I don't think I've ever been able to print a boarding pass that far in advance.  Typically we can get boarding passes 24 hours in advance.   I guess it is different countries, different carriers, different rules.  

Mostly just different carriers, the lower cost carriers tend to have much longer check-in periods, some of them up to 60 days before travel.

With Jet 2 it is 28 days though so should be able to check-in and get the boarding pass in the next couple of days or so assuming the OP is flying back right after the cruise ends.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mnocket said:

I used to prefer printed boarding passes to relying on my phone.  I've become a convert and never had a problem with electronic boarding passes on my phone.  It seems to me that the overwhelming majority of travelers have adopted them.  Might be worth giving it a try?

I remember vividly the first time I encountered mobile boarding passes. It was an Air New Zealand flight from AKL to BHE in early 2009, and I thought it was the greatest thing ever. I'll do anything I can to avoid paper boarding passes now. I travel some places where the technology just hasn't been adopted yet (for some reason, domestic Nigerian flights don't use it haha) but otherwise, yeah, it's great. 

Edited by Zach1213

quick question  we are cell phone challenged

Do you need wifi / data or  what to show your  e boarding passes?

We do not have roaming  out of the Country  so not sure how that works

On 5/2/2023 at 10:57 AM, mnocket said:

Glad to hear it works for you.  I always carry the paper too.  I have seen too many people fiddling with their phones at boarding and holding up the whole process.

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Do you need wifi / data or  what to show your  e boarding passes?

You should be able to save the boarding pas (Apple is using Wallet) - so no need for data roaming or WiFi at the airport - you’ll need WiFi for check in.

20 minutes ago, hallasm said:

You should be able to save the boarding pas (Apple is using Wallet) - so no need for data roaming or WiFi at the airport - you’ll need WiFi for check in.

Thanks  

will have wifi on the ship  

will try it  If not   will line up like always at the airline desk 😉