JS - Full Suite Status?

3 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Does anyone currently have one of these Sky JS (Category JY) booked ?  Does anyone know OF ANYone who has one of these booked ?

I looked on the TA website for the entire first year of Icon's sailings and then randomly checked about 20 other sailings and not ONE of these suites is available to book.  I cannot believe that there isn't even 1 JY available on ANY sailing anywhere.  My guess is that they are not yet booking these suites.  Why ?  Who knows.

Raye

We have JY 16030 SKY Booked

On our sailing they were sold out within 24hrs 

Ill sell ours for double what we paid for it, then again we like Unique cabins 

hope you and Dan are doing well 😎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dewaldcruiser said:

The Icon of the Seas has a JS class that is considered a full suite for suite benefits.  When I was booking my Icon cruise, I saw them.  Seem to recall they cost about a $1000 more than a regular JS.  It is possible that RCI may roll this out to other ships.

Aft balconies should get a price jump

4 hours ago, alfaeric said:

To put some data to it, on the Oasis of the Seas, there are 176 suites, 86 of them JS.  Which would pretty much double the SL accessibility.  Which makes no sense at all to add them to full suites.

Money 💰 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigmoose7563 said:

Yes I have one booked for Dec 2024. Booked day one they were available. 

I believe there are only 8 on the ship and 2 are accessible 

Aren't those all the way in the back?

Seems like an odd location for an accesible cabin

Celebrity has (or used to  have) balcony categories  called Concierge class and Aqua  class. It is just balcony cabins but was a little more $$  than a regular balcony cabin and included some other benefits. Some include meals in BLU (which is similar to CK), a day or two in the thermal spa, flowers in the room, afternoon, canapés, specialty waters, etc. 

When we  paid a premium and booked these categories we received these extra amenities. It would be no different than these special junior suites.

m

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topnole said:

If they did this they would surely create a new category name and thus this wouldn’t really be Royal giving Jr Suites

full suite privileges.  It would just be a small number of cabins changing categories.   

But on Oasis class they already limit pinnacles in the CK if there are too many of them.  So one would think the CK is

mostly maxed out without it ruining the experience for suite guests.  This strategy runs the risk of diminishing the suite experiences of all other suite guests and pinnacles could lose perks due to it.  Not sure even Royal would be that short sighted.  

Royal might care if a suite experience   was diminished, but I doubt diminishing a Pinnacle  benefit/experience  is anywhere in their playbook.

m

17 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Royal might care if a suite experience   was diminished, but I doubt diminishing a Pinnacle  benefit/experience  is anywhere in their playbook.

m

Yeah.  Certainly more likely to take away pinnacle benefits.  But still, that seems unlikely.  Who knows.  People have been speculating on stuff like that and other things off and on for years Most of it is just that, speculation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Raye

We have JY 16030 SKY Booked

On our sailing they were sold out within 24hrs 

Ill sell ours for double what we paid for it, then again we like Unique cabins 

hope you and Dan are doing well 😎

Nice score !  Sounds like that category was a big success !

We are doing great. Just got off Vision.  On Mariner 5-26.

Our love to all 3 of you !

• Thanks 1