Air travel arrangements by Uniworld...worthwhile?

remydiva

Planning our umpteenth cruise and 2nd on Uniworld but I've forgotten how I arranged air travel first time.

No where on their site does it give info about them arranging air travel.

For those of you who have done so recently, can you share if it was easy, good prices, too many stopovers, etc.

Also, travel cancellation insurance...does Uniworld have their own product?

TIA

16 hours ago, remydiva said:

Planning our umpteenth cruise and 2nd on Uniworld but I've forgotten how I arranged air travel first time.

No where on their site does it give info about them arranging air travel.

For those of you who have done so recently, can you share if it was easy, good prices, too many stopovers, etc.

Also, travel cancellation insurance...does Uniworld have their own product?

TIA

Uniworld does have their own insurance.  I booked outside insurance as it was much cheaper.

Didnt book my air through them so can’t help there.

2 minutes ago, UDChE89 said:

Uniworld does have their own insurance.  I booked outside insurance as it was much cheaper.

Didnt book my air through them so can’t help there.

Thanks for reply. 

I booked my air through the cruise line on my 3 Uniworld cruises. It was less expensive than booking on my own,  and I was given 2-3 choices.  I contacted my TA and they worked with Uniworld. 

I buy 3rd party insurance. 

We have done both. Booked our own and had Uniworld do it. Most of the time they get a better deal for you. Do your research and find the flights that work for you  and start there. 

A benefit other than a better price, is if something goes awry they are responsible to correct the situation. 

RB 

• Like 2

I always have booked my own air. For my next cruise, I did use their insurance for the first time only because they provide a full credit for a future cruise if you cancel for any reason. I liked having that flexibility.

• 4 months later...

We booked a Uniworld river cruise for Egypt for January and did our air separately through our travel agent as the price we were quoted did not include air (though Uniworld provides transfers).  Our problem has been that the best deal our TA found for us (and the ONLY one that was only two flights as opposed to 3 or 4) was with Jet Blue to JFK and then EgyptAir to Cairo.  HOWEVER, EgyptAir has changed the time of the flight 3 times since we booked and our TA is having difficulties reaching them to coordinate an appropriate Jet Blue flight (they are supposedly partners).  Our TA has had to change our Jet Blue flight a few times already and advised us to go to JFK the day before and stay overnight at the airport.  As of this writing, we have a "confirmation" on EgyptAir but nothing on Jet Blue and no seat assignments.  Has anyone had an experience with EgyptAir.  We are starting to get nervous. 

4 hours ago, lucybetty said:

We booked a Uniworld river cruise for Egypt for January and did our air separately through our travel agent as the price we were quoted did not include air (though Uniworld provides transfers).  Our problem has been that the best deal our TA found for us (and the ONLY one that was only two flights as opposed to 3 or 4) was with Jet Blue to JFK and then EgyptAir to Cairo.  HOWEVER, EgyptAir has changed the time of the flight 3 times since we booked and our TA is having difficulties reaching them to coordinate an appropriate Jet Blue flight (they are supposedly partners).  Our TA has had to change our Jet Blue flight a few times already and advised us to go to JFK the day before and stay overnight at the airport.  As of this writing, we have a "confirmation" on EgyptAir but nothing on Jet Blue and no seat assignments.  Has anyone had an experience with EgyptAir.  We are starting to get nervous. 

The only thing I know about Egypt Air [or I 'think I know'] is that they don't serve alcohol – at which point I stopped including them in my searches...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lucybetty said:

Has anyone had an experience with EgyptAir.  We are starting to get nervous. 

I have only flown them from Cairo to Hurghada and back, so not on international flights. But everything was fine with those flights.