What kind of binoculars are provided in a sky suite?

Sigyn

We're sailing to Alaska in July. We've booked a sky suite guarantee. I see that binoculars are included in the cabin. Are they of decent quality, or should we bring our own?

Definitely bring your own. Even in the PH they are rubbish. If you have lots of OBC you could look at buying some on board. Might be worth asking on CC near to your cruise if your ship has any binoculars in stock. Like with cameras stock does vary.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, njsmom said:

We're sailing to Alaska in July. We've booked a sky suite guarantee. I see that binoculars are included in the cabin. Are they of decent quality, or should we bring our own?

On our autumn 2022 cruise aboard the Silhouette, the binoculars in our cabin were fantastic -- better than the ones I would have brought. Can't tell you the brand, power, etc., but they were the "full size" type that require two hands to hold/steady, if you know what I mean.

On our last cruise, again on the Silhouette, in late March 2023, I noticed there were no binoculars in our stateroom upon arrival. I told our butler who, later, supplied a brand-new pair. Unfortunately, these were the smaller, compact type with much lower power/resolution.

I have no idea if that resulted from a conscious corporate decision to save money by gradually replacing missing binos with less-expensive models, just unique to this cruise, supply issues, etc.

It does, however, speak to the attentiveness of the cabin steward during turn-around that morning. All I'll say about that is definitely check your cabin upon arrival and report anything amiss as soon as possible.

Hope this helps,

cjr