Boarding time Getaway PC

• closecruiser changed the title to Boarding time Getaway PC
1 hour ago, closecruiser said:

Anyone know what time they start boarding for Getaway out of Port Canaveral??

Haven boarding starts around 11:00. Priority boarding / top tier latitudes 11:15. General boarding 11:30. 

If you are talking about the time you got when you did online checkin, that is your time to arrive at the terminal. The time you are allowed to enter the terminal. You still need to wait in a [long] line for security and then wait in line for checkin. You can expect to board 30-45 minutes later. 

We always pick 9;30 so we get through all of the administrative stuff and are ready to board at 11:15. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Haven boarding starts around 11:00. Priority boarding / top tier latitudes 11:15. General boarding 11:30. 

If you are talking about the time you got when you did online checkin, that is your time to arrive at the terminal. The time you are allowed to enter the terminal. You still need to wait in a [long] line for security and then wait in line for checkin. You can expect to board 30-45 minutes later. 

We always pick 9;30 so we get through all of the administrative stuff and are ready to board at 11:15. 

Thanks.....I went on line as soon as I could check in and the only time available was 12-12:30.   What is considered top tier??

Thanks.....I went on line as soon as I could check in and the only time available was 12-12:30.   What is considered top tier??

Platinum or above. 

Check-in opens at 12 midnight eastern time, exactly 21 days prior to departure. Lots of folks hitting "refresh" until check-in button illuminates at midnight. 

Show up when you want. Many ports are no longer checking times. We have not cruised out of PC since the pandemic, so I don't have first hand knowledge. The worst they can do is keep you waiting for a while outside. 

I assume that when you did your online check-in, you also booked your Million Dollar Quartet and Burn the Floor shows??? Reservations for those shows also opened 21 days prior to departure (26 days for top tier). 

Show up when you want. Many ports are no longer checking times. We have not cruised out of PC since the pandemic, so I don't have first hand knowledge. The worst they can do is keep you waiting for a while outside. 

I assume that when you did your online check-in, you also booked your Million Dollar Quartet and Burn the Floor shows??? Reservations for those shows also opened 21 days prior to departure (26 days for top tier). 

Yes I did.  Thanks for info.  I just don’t know when they start boarding.  I think ncl is a bit later then RC

58 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Shortly after getting a zero head count form the prior sailing.

This is the REAL answer.  And if there are any calls by the CG or other entity for some kind of inspection that could delay the boarding further.

• Like 2

Does anyone know when the Terminal usually opens for arriving passengers? 

(We are fortunate be in Getaway's Haven for this sailing😊

We will need to return our rental car to Enterprise at the port.  With three ships in port that day, we would rather return our car at an earlier time, catch the rental car shuttle and possibly arrive early to the terminal.    We realize that actual boarding time depends on the ship clearing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

We will need to return our rental car to Enterprise at the port.  With three ships in port that day, we would rather return our car at an earlier time, catch the rental car shuttle and possibly arrive early to the terminal.

That won't go as planned.  The rental agency shuttles can't bring passengers over until security at the port tells them they can.  I did that in March - I was at the car drop-off just after 8 and had to wait until after 9:30 before the first shuttle over to the port.

5 minutes ago, hallux said:

That won't go as planned.  The rental agency shuttles can't bring passengers over until security at the port tells them they can.  I did that in March - I was at the car drop-off just after 8 and had to wait until after 9:30 before the first shuttle over to the port.

That makes sense, thanks for letting us know!  We had been thinking of dropping the car at 9am but will need to re-think that plan🤔

Was there a place to wait at the rental agency?  Restrooms?  

On 5/6/2023 at 4:56 PM, closecruiser said:

We have 12pm boarding time but is there a time before us??

You have a check in time, not a boarding time.  Check in times start as early as 9:30. 

On 5/6/2023 at 5:31 PM, BirdTravels said:

The checkin times have not been enforced before now, and the lines for security are rarely long.

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

Yes, there's a lounge and restrooms.  Well, "lounge" is a loose term, it's not air conditioned, that I could tell, it's a bunch of chairs in a lobby area.  As the time marched on the room filled more with people waiting to go to their cruises.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

That makes sense, thanks for letting us know!  We had been thinking of dropping the car at 9am but will need to re-think that plan🤔

We dropped our car at National Car Rental which shares a facility with Enterprise. There were restrooms and a seating area inside (I remember because we were there on May 7, 2019 during the Love Bug infestation,,, we hid inside until a shuttle arrived). They had multiple shuttles going to a specific ships. We picked up gas at a BP station before the last causeway. There are gas stations beyond the car rental facility also. 

Our PC cruise last year was cancelled when the Escape ran aground in the Dominican Republic. 

Thew crew were scraping and powerwashing bugs off the ship non-stop for 2 days after we left port. 

image.png.aa83141af4c89dce35e11ff6b1f63690.png

image.png.6cafbf8a60bb589cc18eecbaf6035a7f.png

• Thanks 1

We dropped our car at National Car Rental which shares a facility with Enterprise. There were restrooms and a seating area inside (I remember because we were there on May 7, 2019 during the Love Bug infestation,,, we hid inside until a shuttle arrived). They had multiple shuttles going to a specific ships. We picked up gas at a BP station before the last causeway. There are gas stations beyond the car rental facility also. 

Our PC cruise last year was cancelled when the Escape ran aground in the Dominican Republic. 

Thew crew were scraping and powerwashing bugs off the ship non-stop for 2 days after we left port. 

image.png.aa83141af4c89dce35e11ff6b1f63690.png

image.png.6cafbf8a60bb589cc18eecbaf6035a7f.png

You have brought back some strong memories for my DH 🤭

He recalls the Love Bug infestation while he was attending Brevard Jr College in Cocoa Beach after Viet Nam.  He said people covered their cars with baby oil to help with the clean-up.  

Thanks for the rental return info!

On 5/6/2023 at 6:41 PM, closecruiser said:

That is the CHECK IN time NOT the boarding time.   You cannot select a boarding time.  You board when it is your turn to board based on when they start.  Also the start is based on getting a zero head count and CG clearance.  IOW there is no way at all to know a specific boarding time.

• Like 1

Like other have said, Boarding time all depends on the previous cruise Passengers disembarking. Also like others have said Coast Guard inspection, US health inspection, and also if CBP is doing a full crew inspection that can delay boarding time. We have boarded as early as 10:30 before and this last time we boarded about 12:30 due to Coast Guard inspection. 

• Like 1