The thrifty cruisers Canada/New England review 4/29-5/6

cgolf1

26 minutes ago, madera1 said:

Great review and I really enjoyed your photos . We will be sailing from Quebec City to Florida the end of September so will probably have similar weather. Looking forward to the cruise on the Zuiderdam.

Late September 'should' be nicer weather than late May, no promises though. 🙂

19 hours ago, FreesiaE said:

Thanks for the review! One quick question, was there much noticeable motion? I just need to be prepared medication wise.

It was quite rough and very windy. One evening the Captain let us know we would be listing slightly due to winds up to 60mph. Not sure if this is normal or not for this itinerary. 

We did a repositioning cruise on the Zuiderdam in early October 2019. We had great weather until Nova Scotia where it was rainy but going into NYC was iffy as winds were very high. Captain warned we may miss this port but luckily he was able to dock with the help of many, many tugboats. It was a little rough, but I've been in worse in the Caribbean.

Thanks for sharing your cruise experience. We love this itinerary and have done five South route repositioning and one repo going North.

Booked for next years repo to Florida. It will be exciting as it will be on the MS Volendam our first Hal cruise in 2007.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for sharing your experiences on the Zaandam! We were on her back in 2018 on an Antarctica cruise and had a great time, with a lot of professional lectures included back then. I think it was the beginning of the short lived In-Depth EXC program that switched over to the Maasdam before they eventually sold her and ended the program.

Sorry they couldn’t seat you in the MDR with the same wait staff. But since you weren’t able to book the cruise early enough to get early fixed seating, I guess they just had to seat you where they could.

But your review answered my question from the other forum. Thanks again for posting your review and glad you least had a few days of sunshine. We will be doing a 17-day land-cruise starting in mid October on the Caribbean Princess and hopefully there will be a few more sunny days up there in the Fall! 😁