Speciality Dining Reservations for Multiple Cabins with HIA

jslev9

My wife and I are sailing with my in-laws on the Eurodam later this month. We're booked in two cabins and all four of us have HIA. We're looking do redeem our free speciality dining portion of HIA together at Pinnacle Grill but can't figure out the best way to make the reservation in advance of embarkation. Should we each make a reservation on our own cruise reservation and then go to Pinnacle as soon as we embark and ask to sit together? Or should I book a table for four on my cruise reservation and then figure out the refund after the fact (since it the website requires payment in advance for those who aren't redeeming a HIA entitlement)?

In the past, I made the advance reservation for the date and time we wanted. Then, I asked the PG manager to apply our free meal to the reservation. Just make sure you follow up to ensure that the credit is applied. Some times, we were already slotted for another time slot by the ship. In that case, we canceled that's one and kept the one we made online.

Try to get the bookings cross-referenced if you are traveling with others. HAL or your TA can request that "travel with" be noted in the system. It really helps to have everyone's booking ID /booking number when you are reserving for a group. The specialty restaurant online booking system can normally handle reservations for 6. If you have more than 6 people, the restautant will have to handle it.

Our first order of business upon boarding is to confirm all our reservations. If you get that out of the way, you can relax knowing everything is taken care of.

1 hour ago, jslev9 said:

My wife and I are sailing with my in-laws on the Eurodam later this month. We're booked in two cabins and all four of us have HIA. We're looking do redeem our free speciality dining portion of HIA together at Pinnacle Grill but can't figure out the best way to make the reservation in advance of embarkation.

2 Options (we've done both traveling with our cousins):

1) Call HAL and ask them to link the two bookings and to make a reservation for you together.

2) Make the reservations online yourself, then call HAL and ask them to link them.

I am traveling with family and friends in 4 cabins. We all have HIA. Each cabin made PG reservations. Once onboard we will tell the PG we’d like to be seated together. 

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 1

We just went through this-I had our friends booking number attached with ours.  I made reservations with HIA at the Pinnacle & Tamarind & told my friends to do the same dates & time.  Then I phoned HAL to double check we were sitting together & they confirmed yes because our booking numbers were cross referenced. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

I am traveling with family and friends in 4 cabins. We all have HIA. Each cabin made PG reservations. Once onboard we will tell the PG we’d like to be seated together. 

Make sure you take care of contacting the Pinnacle Grill as soon as you board. Tables for large parties are limited.

• Like 2

I’ve run into this on 2 cruises.  We had a larger table for the November sailing and were having problems finding dates and times.  So, armed with the others’ booking numbers I called ship services and they gave me dates and times availability for our size and we chose and it was booked.

For our upcoming cruise, our 3 cabins were able to get the same date and time.  I told them we could ge it fixed on board or, if they wanted to be safe with their booking #’s I would call ship’s services.  They opted for the latter and I called and we were set up together.

If your group is larger than 5/6 (I forget which it is, sorry), you need to call anyways or complete a form.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kazu said:

If your group is larger than 5/6 (I forget which it is, sorry), you need to call anyways or complete a form.

Six is the maximum number of people for regular online booking. More than 6 requires manual intervention. Absolutely correct about having all the booking numbers when you do this cabin # is helpful too.

14 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Six is the maximum number of people for regular online booking. More than 6 requires manual intervention. Absolutely correct about having all the booking numbers when you do this cabin # is helpful too.

Thanks for confirming the #.  Good point on the cabin #’s.  I always have those as well.  names (as per HAL’s records), booking # & cabin #.  

13 hours ago, dobiemom said:

That is what I am doing for our Sept Alaska sailing and have done in the past without any trouble.

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone! We opted to each make a reservation our our cruise reservation for the same time and we'll go to PG once we board on embarkation day to ensure we can get sat at the same table.