Oceania consolidated itinerary available?

CACruiser999

Excuse me if this is an obvious/dumb question, but I cannot find a way to generate a calendar that has all of my Oceania Vista cruise agenda items/times (port arrivals, departures, spa appointments, excursions, etc.).   

On my last cruise on Celebrity, there was a convenient app where everything was located in one place, but I cannot find anything like that on Oceania so I'm using a spreadsheet to keep track of everything.

There has to be a better way, thank you in advance!

14 minutes ago, CACruiser999 said:

Excuse me if this is an obvious/dumb question, but I cannot find a way to generate a calendar that has all of my Oceania Vista cruise agenda items/times (port arrivals, departures, spa appointments, excursions, etc.).   

On my last cruise on Celebrity, there was a convenient app where everything was located in one place, but I cannot find anything like that on Oceania so I'm using a spreadsheet to keep track of everything.

There has to be a better way, thank you in advance!

I think you’ll find that many O regulars, including us, have developed proprietary spreadsheets that provide a single double sided document with far more info than the few items you’ve mentioned. We have them even for cruises w/land stays at each end. 

• Haha 1

But does Oceania note have a basic app/site to generate the basic agenda?   

Would seem to be a basic request vs. having to do it manually.   The Celebrity app, or example, was simple and convenient as everything booked through the cruise was in one place in the app.

Just now, CACruiser999 said:

Would seem to be a basic request vs. having to do it manually.   The Celebrity app, or example, was simple and convenient as everything booked through the cruise was in one place in the app.

There’s no O “app” (nor is one really necessary).
You could use “TripIt” which is very popular among business travelers. But, I find the proprietary spreadsheet concept to be far more “user friendly” and customizable.

FWIW, the one I use has ports, tours, times, food et al. reservations, contact/res info for flights, transfers, insurance and even a $ conversion to multiple currencies. I print it as a PDF but also have it as an XLS so it can be modified during the trip.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I think you’ll find that many O regulars, including us, have developed proprietary spreadsheets that provide a single double sided document with far more info than the few items you’ve mentioned. We have them even for cruises w/land stays at each end. 

Heh, heh..."proprietary" 😅

13 minutes ago, CACruiser999 said:

O does not really do IT well...evidence: website (shorex purchasing in particular) and onboard wifi. Lower your expectations now and you will be much happier. O is wonderful if you can leave modern tech expectations behind.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

O does not really do IT well...evidence: website (shorex purchasing in particular) and onboard wifi. Lower your expectations now and you will be much happier. O is wonderful if you can leave modern tech expectations behind.

Yes, that is what I have been experiencing throughout this process.   This feels like a slog through 1997 Netscape on a dial up modem.   So far, it has been less than a "luxury" experience.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, CACruiser999 said:

Yes, that is what I have been experiencing throughout this process.   This feels like a slog through 1997 Netscape on a dial up modem.   So far, it has been less than a "luxury" experience.

The "luxury" comes in the form of personal interaction and service. Once you're onboard you'll see what I mean.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CACruiser999 said:

Yes, X does IT well, but then you would have to cruise onboard their ship.

{snark off}

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Please don't board thinking you are on Celebrity. The experience is totally different. Go with an open mind.

We just convinced two couples to join us on O and I told them, just last night, forget what you think you know about cruising. Give O a shot.

As for an app forget about it!!!!

A spreadsheet is so easy to do. It's just a different method of entering your info.

Yup I have a spreadsheet but I put everything in a spreadsheet (not just travel plans). Maybe O just attracts us spreadsheet people lol? I also include weather averages in the beginning and then, 6 or so weeks out, long range forescasts. 

Perhaps us over-planners are over-represented on cc forums :classic_cool:

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

The "luxury" comes in the form of personal interaction and service. Once you're onboard you'll see what I mean.

Just curious that folks are defending a luxury service business in 2023 having substandard IT systems and guest convenience.   

Because I get better food and bedding, they don't need to meet basic customer expectations and can have outdated technology?

But good news!  They faxed me my dinner reservation confirmation and I posted it on my Myspace page so it is all working out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CACruiser999 said:

Just curious that folks are defending a luxury service business in 2023 having substandard IT systems and guest convenience.   

Because I get better food and bedding, they don't need to meet basic customer expectations and can have outdated technology?

But good news!  They faxed me my dinner reservation confirmation and I posted it on my Myspace page so it is all working out.

Not defending, just stating facts. I don't define luxury the same way as many/most and that's OK. I will be the first to declare myself abnormal in a variety of situations. Off to the Wilderness in a bit where even satellite messengers are unreliable 😉

Probably because  some of us (me) remember the days  before cell phones  & apps   where  we had to make up our own  schedules  & keep track on paper of  flights /dining reservations  tours etc..  🍷

Enjoy  your cruise 

19 minutes ago, CACruiser999 said:

O is not the only premium (it doesn't claim to be luxury) cruise line whose IT services are lacking.  It focusses on other areas.  

@CACruiser999 Since you're on Vista, I saw recently that Starlink has been installed. Since she's a new ship she will probably have decent wifi. Vista's amenities (e.g., Embers) and itineraries seem to be geared toward a younger crowd so I think O is heading toward better IT-related stuff; it's just not quite there yet since the current consumer does not demand it and is happy with the product overall.

First thing I did after we booked was make a spreadsheet for the trip. Glad to see I am among like minded travelers! 

After several Disney trips in recent years with my young kids I am over the vacation app game.  Especially last year, where I was on my phone all day securing lightning lanes, and up at 6:30 am everyday on vacation to buy a ticket in line for that afternoon. It was exhausting. 

I am excited for an adult vacation where I can put my phone down and RELAX.  Mom will call when she is in port, haha.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BrakeawayTakeaway said:

First thing I did after we booked was make a spreadsheet for the trip. Glad to see I am among like minded travelers! 

After several Disney trips in recent years with my young kids I am over the vacation app game.  Especially last year, where I was on my phone all day securing lightning lanes, and up at 6:30 am everyday on vacation to buy a ticket in line for that afternoon. It was exhausting. 

I am excited for an adult vacation where I can put my phone down and RELAX.  Mom will call when she is in port, haha.  

I agree wholeheartedly.  A couple of years ago, I was on X and they have an app they want passengers to use aboard ship.  No way am I going to carry a cell phone around all day on deck!  No, I'm not a Luddite...I have a Masters degree in Computer Science.  Just my preference for a relaxing vacay. 

• Like 2

We use Tripit Pro for all our trips. When we get the reservation from Oceania we forward it to plans@tripit.com. It recognizes or email address and imports it into a cruise trip folder. We can also forward the email reservations or confirmations for the airlines and hotels and VOILA it's all there. I have to manually edit in our Oceania excursions but that's a.pretty easy copy and paste. Same for the Specialty Dining reservations.

Nice thing about Tripit is it's easy to search previous trips for hotels, restaurants etc we did in the past. 

Tripit will also monitor your flights and advice of changes or alternatives. 

2 hours ago, ChadnKate said:

We use Tripit Pro for all our trips. When we get the reservation from Oceania we forward it to plans@tripit.com. It recognizes or email address and imports it into a cruise trip folder. We can also forward the email reservations or confirmations for the airlines and hotels and VOILA it's all there. I have to manually edit in our Oceania excursions but that's a.pretty easy copy and paste. Same for the Specialty Dining reservations.

Nice thing about Tripit is it's easy to search previous trips for hotels, restaurants etc we did in the past. 

Tripit will also monitor your flights and advice of changes or alternatives. 

We do the same with the free version of Tripit.  What are the advantages of the upgrade?