🛳️ Live (hopefully) from Crown Princess May 12 - 23

Coral

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

Reminder: If you aren't uploading pictures just type your entire post in Word or Wordpad or Notepad or, if on a MAC, whatever the equivalent is for simple text files. Once that is done and you have proofread the thing, copy and paste it into your post. It will be much easier on you than fighting the Internet connection.

It was the picture thing that was making me dizzy. It kept re-drawing as it couldn't load the pictures at a decent speed.

I understand the Word and transfer, and sometimes I did that. If I was only typing a few sentences, I didn't do it though which then was a mistake.

6 hours ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Hey Coral, can you email me your patters for every day? Let me know what you think. My email address is gottagoacruzn@yahoo.com   Thanks, if not thats ok to.

Virginia

I sent you the ones I took pictures of. I believe I have them all. The ones missing - I will need to take pictures of and send you. I will try to do that this week for you.

9 hours ago, Coral said:

Rachel Cartwright is no longer on the Crown Princess. She is now on Cunard for the rest of the summer. Rachel Moreno maybe on - (Princess Rachel of Sitka). She was only on from Vancouver to Sitka. I think the other naturalist may still be on - his name was Allan Conlin. He isn't as dynamic as Rachel Cartwright is as a speaker.

I do still have the Patters. Let me know what info you want now.

Just the dates, times, and titles of any of the naturalist talks that Rachel gave would be great.  My friend is replacing Allan.  Trying to get an idea of how many lectures will be needed as there's a really short time to prepare anything. Thanks!

Edited by wolfie11

17 minutes ago, wolfie11 said:

Just the dates, times, and titles of any of the naturalist talks that Rachel gave would be great.  My friend is replacing Allan.  Trying to get an idea of how many lectures will be needed as there's a really short time to prepare anything. Thanks!

Here was Allan's schedule:

image.thumb.jpeg.838d457af5abc6042cce56d65afc8f73.jpeg

Edited by Coral

18 minutes ago, wolfie11 said:

I don't think Allen's talks went over well. He had good info but he was very monotone in speaking and Rachel C was a rock star so he was compared to her.

We were told we were unique as during our Meet and Greet - we were told we had more Alaskan speakers on any ship in Alaska. I think this was because we had Rachel C and Allan (as opposed to just one).

Good luck to your friend. Hopefully what I provided was helpful. Most of the talks were for 45 minutes.

Edited by Coral

7 hours ago, Coral said:

I sent you the ones I took pictures of. I believe I have them all. The ones missing - I will need to take pictures of and send you. I will try to do that this week for you.

Given the "speed and reliability" I have experienced with the Internet connection on Princess you must have the patience of a saint to be posting pictures here. We all appreciate that you do so but it would make me crazy trying to deal with the poor connections I have had when cruising. Granted, it has been "better" since the restart but not dramatically so - at least for the two cruises we have had since the restart.

1 hour ago, wolfie11 said:

One more quick question.  Any idea who the ED and CD are?  I think the CC list might be outdated. Thanks!

I do not remember.... Maybe @baybeach11 does. It was a female CD, maybe Olivia??? I will see if anyone from my roll call is paying attention.

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

I do not remember.... Maybe @baybeach11 does. It was a female CD, maybe Olivia??? I will see if anyone from my roll call is paying attention.

Yes, it's Olivia.  Someone on the Crown Princess FB page asked that very question today.  I do not recall her last name.  Young, energetic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie11 said:

One more quick question.  Any idea who the ED and CD are?  I think the CC list might be outdated. Thanks!

I did a search and came up with this - Captain, CD, ED, Director of Restaurant Operations.

CROWN

Tony Ruggero

Olivia Guthrie

Michael Kujawski

Mariusz Czemarmazowicz

1 minute ago, baybeach11 said:

Yes, it's Olivia.  Someone on the Crown Princess FB page asked that very question today.  I do not recall her last name.  Young, energetic. 

Found it - just posted. I agree she was good!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 4:08 PM, wolfie11 said:

The CD Olivia Guthrie just left the ship today. As for her replacement, I don't know his name. 

1 hour ago, [Big Z] said:

The CD Olivia Guthrie just left the ship today. As for her replacement, I don't know his name. 

Interesting. I used to always be on the first Alaska sailing of the season or the coastal and the CD used to always get on the ship during that time and would stay on for the season. I have no doubt things have changed since then.

I thought Olivia did a good job.

3 hours ago, [Big Z] said:

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Interesting. I used to always be on the first Alaska sailing of the season or the coastal and the CD used to always get on the ship during that time and would stay on for the season. I have no doubt things have changed since then.

I thought Olivia did a good job.

She told us she was on until September. Something changed, for sure. She was on with us in Mid April. She had been on that ship for awhile before us, too. 

Edited by Happiest when cruising

• 2 months later...
On 5/16/2023 at 8:32 PM, Coral said:

Just an update - today was Hoonah and I did Glacier Wind whale watching tour (thanks to @Italy52) and had an amazing whale watching experience with Captain Casey and Jared (sp?). 

https://www.g-wind.com

We got to see whales bubble feeding (thanks to Captain Shawn) who spotted them on an earlier whale watching trip that left before ours. It was a group of 5 whales. We saw some solos before this.

I then went looking for bears (and found them) with Greg Garcia: http://geestahuntours.com We drove all over the island and had a great tour. Also saw whales on this tour (go figure). I will write more later.

Definitely great to book with the locals of Hoonah!

Will try to write more later.

It was a hot, sunny day!

Coral, we are doing the identical tour in September 2024.  It is exactly what we wanted.  I wanted to thank you for the information.

Edit - both glacier and geesta

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1