Onboard Entertainment

Daniel A

I'm sorry if this has been addressed before but I really don't want to have to go through thousands of posts to see if this has been asked before now.

I have an upcoming NCL cruise, and I am interested in finding out what entertainment and shows will be offered on my sailing.  I do not see this information in my cruise summary.  Is there a way to find out what shows are being offered?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Edited by Daniel A

Which ship, which dates? If you're on a smaller ship, there usually aren't a lot of entertainment options listed, because the shows on those ships do not require reservations. They don't have the big expensive Broadway productions that NCL likes to promote ahead of time.

• Thanks 1

Major shows will be listed on NCL.com.  Smaller entertainment venues are generally unknown until the dailies come out.  I try to find a thread on CC where somebody is posting the dailies for the ship I'm sailing starting a few months prior to my sail date.  If you have a favorite entertainer, they may have a fbook account or website where they post their upcoming contracts.  I'm always on the lookout for my growing list of favorites who now include (in no particular order):

Alexa

Guns and Rojas (Raul Rojas)

Siglo

Ryan North

Oana

Heartbreakers

Wild Spirits

NCL corporate eyes: PLEASE note the above!

I also have some non-favorites that I will avoid if possible.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hawkeyetlse said:

Which ship, which dates? If you're on a smaller ship, there usually aren't a lot of entertainment options listed, because the shows on those ships do not require reservations. They don't have the big expensive Broadway productions that NCL likes to promote ahead of time.

Breakaway September 3 

The main shows on BA in September should still be Six and Burn the Floor in the main theater, with Howl at the Moon, comedians, and Syd Norman's band in the smaller venues. And some other bands, piano/singers, etc. around the ship (but those are never listed on the website).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hawkeyetlse said:

(but those are never listed on the website)

They aren't because they're often short contracts.  I think one of the performers for Howl at the Moon on my Escape cruise was only on for a couple weeks.

Keep in mind that the Cruise Director on a week to week basis schedules all of the entertainment on board ship.  One week something might be scheduled for 2nd and 5th nights, the next week 3rd and 6th nights.  Even then it is subject to change-- performer sick, weather bad, etc.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I'm sorry if this has been addressed before but I really don't want to have to go through thousands of posts to see if this has been asked before now.

I have an upcoming NCL cruise, and I am interested in finding out what entertainment and shows will be offered on my sailing.  I do not see this information in my cruise summary.  Is there a way to find out what shows are being offered?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

No

The main theater shows are Burn the Floor and SIX. Those can be booked online exactly 21 days to departure. (26 days for top tier latitudes). 

Guest performer have contracts from a few weeks to a month-ish. So they come and go.