Ladies advice on what to pack....

MrsPeel55

Hello again!

Loving you guys here as I have learned a lot of extremely useful information!!! 

OK, so :

I know none can promise a weather pattern these days, but....

If any of you have any suggestions about packing for QV West Med in the beginning of September ...

My daughter is talking about mainly summer clothes... 

Thing is, I know that cruising in the evening gets not so warm, it has been years since I was at sea,

we also lived in the coast of a few very warm countries in summer and even there, in the evening if you are near the beach you need at least a cardigan ....

Should we pack warmer clothing for evenings?

I lived half of my life in very warm countries, we lived in extremely tropical weather until DD was 5... so she is also not your typical Brit (though my husband is Brit and she was born here on a snowy day,  we were back in time for her to start school in England) we both feel the cold strongly than many of our friends.....we are the kind that sleep with fluffy socks 😂

If any of you have suggestions, would be grateful!

Thanks in advance!

We did this itinerary [West Med early Sept] Sept '19 on QV.

It was hot.

My advice would be to pack for heat and take a fleece for the end of the journey and a pashmina for possible cooler nights or if you feel the aircon, unkind.

• Like 2

We did it last year as a Barcelona fly cruise - Generally hot, with a couple of days where it bucketed down in parts (Rome & Naples I'm looking at you) (Blog report here} So mainly light Summer stuff as it was never cold but don't forget lightweight waterproofs just in case.

• Like 2

The last two summers here were not as extreme as the previous three. That would cover Cannes and Villefranche calls. However I think they are expecting extreme heat this year. It does tend to ease off a bit in September. Looking back at electricity profile we were still using bedroom aircon for most of September last year.

We were in Sorrento at end of September and experienced freak torrential rain for a couple of days. That was probably a few weeks after rakkor was in that area. Once it cleared temperatures were pleasantly moderate.

• Like 1

thanks so much, ladies!!!!

I don't think I have ever wanted the English summer to go fast as this year....usually is our happiest time of the year, but now I want these few month to go fast!  🙂

I never travel anywhere without a black pashmina and a couple of nice really large scarves to endure the air conditioning while eating. They look beautiful over dresses and spruce up pants to smart casual. Take up far less room than cardigans. I usually wear one on the plane.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, techteach said:

I never travel anywhere without a black pashmina and a couple of nice really large scarves to endure the air conditioning while eating. They look beautiful over dresses and spruce up pants to smart casual. Take up far less room than cardigans. I usually wear one on the plane.

I have a few bought pre pandemic and never used, great idea thanks!!!!!!! ❤️ 

On 5/14/2023 at 12:16 PM, techteach said:

There are definitely certain areas on the QM2 where a scarf is needed. I know my DW will be taking several even though it will be in July. We always look where the vents are above. We even have heard passengers on board stating after seeing others wear them, that they should have brought one and even look in the on board shops. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I'm British.

An umbrella, a cagoule  and a pashmina [wrap] are essentials and are always kept in my suitcase, for the next trip. 🙂

Have they stopped putting umbrellas in Q cabins?

I switched from umbrellas to rain cape after some failed operations in between 2003-05 forced me on crutches and now the wheelchair for long distances.... but my daughter has an amazing collection of them! My husband always said in Britain you can have the 4 seasons in one day! 🙂

@Victoria2 I have to confess I had to google the cagoule....   yup, that is my thing!!!! 🙂

49 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Have they stopped putting umbrellas in Q cabins?

No as it's a tad difficult to squash into my rucksack and  who wants to walk around with a full sized umbrella? I certainly don't. 🙂

6 hours ago, MrsPeel55 said:

@BklynBoy8 thanks!!!!! will most definitely do!!!!

Some of areas we recognize is the Show Room, Illuminations Theater, Queens Room, Britannia Club Restaurant, Commodore Club are areas WE felt it. But it depends upon the number of passengers occupying the room at the time. One time we felt it in the G32 Disco and another time no...

So best as said, be prepared. And also we use a short umbrella hidden in the luggage. We even have a short one from the QE2 with the Cunard Red & White Colors still works.

• Like 1