What is your favorite thing about a cruise vacation?

nhtravels

The fact that you're never in any place long enough to get tired of it!  If you get bored on the ship, well, there's something seriously wrong with you!  I just get a drink, find a quiet place to sit and read my book, or hang out in the cigar lounge with new friends!  It's the only way to travel!

Elvis

• Like 2

Arranging a Meet & Greet, and some combined dining, for others and seeing them take a full part in what I have arranged.   Their thanks and the friendship that has accrued shows that my hard work has been truly welcomed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MSUjohn said:

spending time with my elderly father, spending time with my elderly father as he enjoys himself, the food, the entertainment and just a relaxing vibe.

❤️ this!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peachypooh said:

We like the Gem class ships where we can get a forward facing balcony and see the stars at night.

10 minutes ago, MSUjohn said:

The Gem class ships are such a great ship.

NCL refers to this class of ship as Jewel Class, with Jewel (2005) being first and Gem (2007) last.

https://www.ncl.com/newsroom/our-fleet

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

NCL refers to this class of ship as Jewel Class, with Jewel (2005) being first and Gem (2007) last.

https://www.ncl.com/newsroom/our-fleet

i know, but i also still knew what she meant.

i have been on the Jade, Gem(x2) & Jewel (x2). i have yet to sail on the pearl. she seems to do a lot of oddball routes and charters.

that said the jewel class is my favorite. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

You are right. I have sailed on the Pearl, Gem and Jade multiple times but not the Jewel.

We have only sailed BA+ ships (and the Sky) but the Jewel ships sound like a perfect size!

2 minutes ago, nhtravels said:

We have only sailed BA+ ships (and the Sky) but the Jewel ships sound like a perfect size!

I've sailed Pearl and Sky.  O'Sheehans on Jewel class is much better than Local/Sports Bar on Sky.  Also, IIRC, the buffet is much bigger and more enjoyable.  That said, I would sail either one without hesitation.  Our next cruise is on the Sun (which is exactly like the Sky only different🤣).

• Like 2

I love.... relaxing on the Waterfront or whatever main deck, listening to music, and watching the ocean go by, visiting and experiencing a different city every day, being able to eat different food from what I would eat at home, meeting new people.

• Like 1

1) Unpacking once and travelling to different places while we sleep.

2) Having something to do at night while on vacation other than drinking wine.

3) Having something for kids to do.

4) Not worrying about the cost of additional meals.

5) The option of making it all-inclusive or just paying for things that we plan to use.

• Like 3

Waking up (almost) every morning in a new country. Can't do that at an all-inclusive.

Except on a TA, where you wake up five days in a row to the same water view. It's like, "Hey, didn't we see that wave yesterday...and the day before?"

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Except on a TA, where you wake up five days in a row to the same water view.

I just completed a TA that had 8 ports of call (excluding embarkation and debarkation ports).  We only had 3 days in a row waking to water.

17 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Except on a TA, where you wake up five days in a row to the same water view. It's like, "Hey, didn't we see that wave yesterday...and the day before?"

12 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

I just completed a TA that had 8 ports of call (excluding embarkation and debarkation ports).  We only had 3 days in a row waking to water.

I did my first transatlantic repositioning cruise in December a 9-day Lisbon to New York cruise on the Epic with two port days: the Azores and Bermuda.

Both ports were cancelled due to weather. 9 sea days in a row. 

On 5/17/2023 at 2:21 PM, schmoopie17 said:

It would take a lot more than five days for that to get old for me. 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1