Boarding times???

I have a bit of time before we travel on Holland again. I'm wondering if Holland still assigns boarding times according to decks, do they now allow you to choose your time? The last time we traveled Holland, we were assigned a 3:30pm boarding time, for a 5:00pm departure. We did not even make it to our stateroom before muster. That was fun with our carry-ons. I think that was back in 2017. Have not sailed with Holland since. 

Also, does the coffee shop open at a reasonable hour now. Last time, they did not open until 9am. (2 years before the pandemic) Crappy time to open. 

On 5/20/2023 at 1:42 PM, CruiserBruce said:

They have been assigning times since resumption after Covid, but nobody knows the reasons for the time assignments. It has been very widely reported here that the assigned times are ignored.

I think the Assigner of Boarding Times is related to the Upgrade Fairy. Nobody knows how they do what they do. 

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2023 at 10:12 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I think the Assigner of Boarding Times is related to the Upgrade Fairy. Nobody knows how they do what they do. 

I haven't heard anything about the Upgrade Fairy in a long time.  I assumed she part of a witness protection program.  I've only seen her evil twin, the Upsell Fairy.

Yes, HAL is assigning boarding times but don’t worry about the muster drill.  It’s much easier now.  Go to your cabin - watch the video and then go to your muster station and get your card scanned.  That’s it.  Easy peasy.

their might be a quick chat as to this is where you go but that was only on the Koningsdam where the muster stations were inside.  On the O, all they did was scan are cards and we were outta’ there.

Explorations was open at 6:30 - 7 AM depending on the ship IME.  LIVE threads are bearing this out.