In-room charge question

sharisavage

This is my first Celebrity cruise (usually use Viking) and I'm on the Equinox. 1. There are 2 bottles of water in my room. The Evian has no price tag- am i charged for that if I use it? 2. I assume the stuff in the fridge is not included? 3. We bought basic wifi and it is so slow it is unusable for even basic work like pulling up a webpage. Will this get better when we leave port or do I need to pay again for an upgrade? Thanks for answering my dumb questions. 

Edited by sharisavage
Typo

The Evian will cost you it is not free from your cabin and yes the stuff in the fridge isn’t included also has price points.  As far as the basic Wi-Fi getting better, I don’t know, sorry.

For wifi time and location make a difference. Sounds like you just boarded and most are sending pics and messages home . Best time is early morning  and evening when half the ship is at dinner. Mid day on a sea day has too many all on at the same time.

9 hours ago, gold1953 said:

For wifi time and location make a difference. Sounds like you just boarded and most are sending pics and messages home . Best time is early morning  and evening when half the ship is at dinner. Mid day on a sea day has too many all on at the same time.

Absolutely agree.   Try it during off-peak times.   

About the water, what category of a stateroom do you have?    It may be free if you're in a higher category stateroom.   Doublecheck with your stateroom attendant to be sure.  

1 hour ago, kokopelli-az said:

Absolutely agree.   Try it during off-peak times.   

About the water, what category of a stateroom do you have?    It may be free if you're in a higher category stateroom.   Doublecheck with your stateroom attendant to be sure.  

the bottles are not free in Aqua class but they give you each a can a day

My experience across four ships in the last six months is that wifi does tend to get better when you are out of port - I don't know why. 

If you are doing anything other than checking email, it's worth it to upgrade. Also, we had a delightful experience on Equinox when I complained about the wifi in our cabin and they came and installed an access point in the cabin. They told me they are still upgrading and not all areas are completely covered. If you go and complain politely they will probably try and fix it for you.

• Thanks 1