3 day sale

greener

I think they referring to the other agency, that is not the one with this 3 day sale.

It seems that the 3 day sale used to be something worth putting on your calendar.

But,  now maybe not-so-much.

Our booking with a TA from another big agency, is a bit less than Princess launch fares, and also throws in additional OBC.   We haven't even got a quote from the 3-day Sale, but I imagine it would not be significant enough to change.

Now if one does not have a existing booking at at a good rate, compared to what Princess is offering right now, it might be worth checking???

• Like 2

I can share my experience with this sale. Booked 22 day cruise and can confirmed that I received $1200 USD obc. I won't get into specifics but this was an itinerary that I've been tracking for several months with no price movement on the Princess website. I contacted the agency in question, and a lovely TA reached out to me and sent several quotes for a variety of cabins and tiers. The quotes were lower than what I saw online. Not crazy lower, but low enough to pique my interest. Pulled the trigger on a mini suite when I was offered the $1200 obc. Not the best deal I've ever seen but the obc covers a lot of costs (crew gratuities, wifi etc) that it made sense for me to book it. 

• Like 3

I went to the website, found the cruise I wanted and looked at the price.  Exactly the same price as on princess.  Sure, I get $200 onboard, but I don't get to pick my room or even room location.  

I'm sticking with other online TA's.  Thanks though

• Like 1

My DW and I booked the 2025 Iceland/Norway 14 night cruise through the 3 day sale agency yesterday.  We really only received $885 obc.  I agree that perks with this company used to be better during the 3 day sale,  but I’ll sure take the obc and we have an excellent TA.  We have been booking cruises with this agency for nearly five years.  

Not to sound like a broken record (mentioned in a message a couple of weeks ago)I am not sure if I am breaking any rules here, but we got an unbelievable deal through a major wholesale club known for getting customers in the door by way of offering low price items once inside. I checked a little while ago and the prices along with Princess Plus and obc are available.

Tomorrow is the last day of the 3 day sale and I'm trying to decide whether to book with the agency offering the sale.  The price is lower than on the Princess site, and they are offering $400 in OBC as opposed to $200 through Princess.

Does anyone know if the agency accepts Princess gift cards as payment on the cruise? 

FWIW, our TA with this agency just re-fared two of our existing trips to take advantage of the sale. She saved us a bit over $300CAD on each trip and added $US400 in OBC for each trip. She added one new trip for us, for October 2024 at a price about $300CAD less than on the Princess site and also added the $US400 in OBC that was not available on the Princess site. That being said, the prices they are offering for 2025 sailings aren't that much better than Princess, though they are still adding the $400 in OBC. 

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

FWIW, our TA with this agency just re-fared two of our existing trips to take advantage of the sale. She saved us a bit over $300CAD on each trip and added $US400 in OBC for each trip. She added one new trip for us, for October 2024 at a price about $300CAD less than on the Princess site and also added the $US400 in OBC that was not available on the Princess site. That being said, the prices they are offering for 2025 sailings aren't that much better than Princess, though they are still adding the $400 in OBC. 

It sounds like it worked out quite well for you. 

4 hours ago, linaka625 said:

Tomorrow is the last day of the 3 day sale and I'm trying to decide whether to book with the agency offering the sale.  The price is lower than on the Princess site, and they are offering $400 in OBC as opposed to $200 through Princess.

Does anyone know if the agency accepts Princess gift cards as payment on the cruise? 

No reason why they shouldn't accept the gift cards, but instead of 400 in OBC I can get about a 500 discount through my TA.  The extra 100 savings plus having it in my pocket on the front end instead of on board spending makes it worthwhile.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

No reason why they shouldn't accept the gift cards, but instead of 400 in OBC I can get about a 500 discount through my TA.  The extra 100 savings plus having it in my pocket on the front end instead of on board spending makes it worthwhile.

What level or price point of a cruise do you book that they would discount it 500.00? 

2 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

What level or price point of a cruise do you book that they would discount it 500.00? 

Inside cabin for 14 days with Plus package.  Have it on the Enchanted for August of 2024 and will have it again on two bookings made on board this week for future Sun cruises in October of 2024 and January of 2025.  Got those with the cheap deposits and extra OBC for booking on board.  Will transfer to my TA next week when we're home.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, linaka625 said:

Why didn't you contact them and ask for yourself?  Just a phone call away.

2 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Inside cabin for 14 days with Plus package.  Have it on the Enchanted for August of 2024 and will have it again on two bookings made on board this week for future Sun cruises in October of 2024 and January of 2025.  Got those with the cheap deposits and extra OBC for booking on board.  Will transfer to my TA next week when we're home.

Yeah, I'd be similarly ahead booking that voyage with either TA I have most recently used if I was booking the PLUS - which I don't.  IB?  Or IC at least?

1 hour ago, mistyPA said:

Caribbean in April 2024 on Enchanted. Inside solo saved $620, $300 obc and plus package included, plus gift card.

are you comparing to the Princess website standard package pricing or PLUS package pricing?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

are you comparing to the Princess website standard package pricing or PLUS package pricing?

Compares Princess to the club price with the Princess plus package. Basically I get the equivalent room and Princess Plus as compared to Princess pricing with a $300 obc and a $45 digital gift card to the wholesale club. So the club price is $620 less for the same room with princess plus and $300obc and gift card. Hope that makes sense. 

Edited by mistyPA
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

That’s amazing. Which one? Did you have to call in to get the price, or was it just whatever is showing on their site? 

When I put all the information in, button said addons when I clicked that there was a message that said the price of the cruise was $620 less. I really didn't believe it at first so I called Princess and the club and they said it was legitimate. I then had the representative make the change as we had a cluster of rooms we wanted to keep, so the club rep spoke with the Princess rep and made it all possible. We are 9 people with 8 rooms and we all got the deal. The double was an equally good deal. However, they are all inside cabins. The balconies are equivalent to the price on what I think may be the 3 day deal people are speaking of here.

Edited by mistyPA