Bathrobes and blankets- Discovery to Alaska

TxChick51

I’m very cold natured, so a little crazy cruising to Alaska, but going for it!

Does Princess offer bathrobes in Balcony (BB) cabin and if not, can one get an extra blanket for the balcony?  Trying not to over pack something I can get onboard😉

11 minutes ago, TxChick51 said:

Does Princess offer bathrobes in Balcony (BB) cabin and if not, can one get an extra blanket for the balcony?  Trying not to over pack something I can get onboard😉

Sure you can.  I was going to tell you request in on the App.  But, don’t see it now. Was under My Preferences >Room. 

You can just ask your steward, once OB.

You also can ask for an extra blanket too.

Alaska temps can really vary!  Layering is the key. 

29 minutes ago, TxChick51 said:

Bathrobes may be requested in advance or onboard from your room steward.

Extra blankets are usually stored in plastic bags under your bed (ask the room steward to get them for you, they'll know which bag it is in.)

You can request bathrobes in your cruise personalizer (...or maybe I'm getting it messed up with the app, but you should be able to indicate your request on both?). Even if it doesn't show up, your steward will be happy to accommodate.

And also, you will not have to give your card for a towel or blanket (like on some other lines); you can feel free to grab as many as you think you'll need on the first night before most people know about it or think of the idea and then you'll have them ready on a chilly morning on the balcony, for example.

• Like 1

You can’t really tell what the outside weather will be in Alaska. I have been there in T shirts and other times you needed a heavy coat. Inside your cabin you have control with your thermostat 

4 hours ago, TxChick51 said:

When are you going?  That has a lot to do with balcony weather, or the odds of the kind of weather you will get.  And odds are all you get with the weather in Alaska.  Averages indicate that you'll find warmer weather, think spring in the lower 48, from late June through July.  But you'll experience a bit of everything.  We arrived in Juneau one morning to a cool mist, fog over the fjord, and jacket weather, by mid-day it was 75 going quickly toward 80, the fog was gone and the open pool on the Lido was full of kids and adults and many others had changed down into shorts and t-shirts and were soaking up the sun on the loungers.  In Glacier Bay we experienced tremendous cold when the side of our ship was facing the glacier, then when it turned for the other side of the ship to see the glacier, we had full sun and 75 degrees of warmth, and we hadn't moved, just turned 180 degrees.  Huge daytime temp swings are very normal and should be expected.

As for your exact questions, you can request a robe in the cruise personalizer.  I always do when booking so it has been a while since I've done it.  About half the time the robe is there when we embark, have the time no.  Just ask your cabin steward for a robe and they will get one for you.  Same goes for extra blankets.

Remember, pack layers for Alaska, because most days in port you will start out bundled up, and as the day goes by you will be stripping them off and trying to figure out where you are going to store them while you are meandering around in port.

If you do request a robe and it is not hanging in the closet when you board, mention its absence to your steward.  You will get a reply that it is being washed.  You should have it later in the evening or the next day.

We had robes waiting in our room last week.  If you dont find one on arrival, request it from your room steward. You can get the flannel/fleece MUTS blankets at the towel area on Lido deck and take them to your room for sitting outside, or even to use on the bed as my daughter did (she tends to get cold at night).