Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

I remember seeing a TV show (Gordon Ramsey?) where the food was wrapped up and cooked in a sand pit heated by volcano.

don’t know if I saw that but when I was a Cub Scout we used used to basically do a Mongolian wok type of setup but we put everything in foil then wrapped it up and put it in the camp fire. I remember it being very good.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

So is Amari just the Alchemy Bar in Italian duds or is it something else, for better or worse?

they even wear the white coats. The bar waiter vest color changed but the bartenders there are alchemists. Actually the bartenders at frizzante are also alchemists. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a swap at some point.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to know if the striploin steak on the always available section of the evening menu has improved. Have you, or will you, take a chance and order the striploin to share your opinion? If it's still the same tough piece of beef we have mentioned this year, that would be an item for Chef Lagasse to strike from the menu. Thank you

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

I'd like to know if the striploin steak on the always available section of the evening menu has improved. Have you, or will you, take a chance and order the striploin to share your opinion? If it's still the same tough piece of beef we have mentioned this year, that would be an item for Chef Lagasse to strike from the menu. Thank you

my plan as much as possible is to get things I can’t get on the ship normally. Breakfast is the only time I haven’t had that option. I would say other than breakfast I have almost never had an item on this ship that i could’ve had on magic in feb. so it’s not in the plans. But from the fireside talk with emeril it sounds like they are just. Shifting the focus to MDR improvements. I’d say give it a year. Look at it on Jubilee and Firenze 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Look at it on Jubilee and Firenze 

We have two cruises booked on Firenze next year so we are hopeful the dinner menus will be updated based on your input. Much obliged.

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, sanmarcosman said:

We have two cruises booked on Firenze next year so we are hopeful the dinner menus will be updated based on your input. Much obliged.

As much as I can I’ve ordered the Italian options that aren’t on the normal Menu. 3 of my 15 nights are at IL Viaggio. Then we have our different nights like tonight is not a normal MDR menu. Last night was not a normal MDR menus. I tried to make my 3 IL Viaggio meals on nights that I can skip the normal MDR menus. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I've had my do not disturb sign up the entire time for the last five cruises... Carnival seems to sweat it for some reason, but Virgin Voyages and NCL were more than happy to not clean my room...

Prob due to all the people complaining on not getting theirs cleaned TWICE a day

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Seas look fairly calm…..not that I have been on a ship in the mid Atlantic.

yeah I’ve been hearing about rough seas. Haven’t seen them yet. Haven’t felt any movement on the ship.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, AHS123 said:

This reminds me of another hijacking:

Flashback in maritime history: Hijacking of Achille Lauro 7 October 1985  (video) - MaritimeCyprus

One of the worst jokes I ever heard was about this ship and the man killed.  Lots of groans from the audience (in Comedy Club)

Edited by jimbo5544

I try to be strategic with the food plans. I still haven’t tried the la strada grill. That will be for tomorrow when they have the typical brunch menu. Today Indian lunch. Wednesday Mexican Lunch. Tomorrow brunch breakfast. La Strada lunch.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

What, flavored martinis? My favorite drink is a lemon drop martini, little did I know I could get flavors. And pistachio, that's out there😮 Adding to my list....

Well pistachio is on the menu here. I don’t know if all ships would have that one. The others you should be able to get at all alchemy bars.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1