Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

36 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Doesn't matter. I regularly see people come into the buffet with no shirt or shoes, literally dripping wet. And even worse when I was on the Celebration last November someone left a seat in the buffet sopping wet which you couldn't tell and thus I got my shorts all wet from sitting there!

Don’t think I see the no shirt that much which is why it caught my eye. But I don’t spend a lot of time in the buffet either 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

yeah I’ve been hearing about rough seas. Haven’t seen them yet. Haven’t felt any movement on the ship.

We did a TA from Port Canaveral to Barcelona on NCL Epic in April, 2019.  It was smooth sailing the entire way.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @Saint Greg🙂

Thank you so much for the info & photos of the Forward Observation Decks. Extremely helpful!

Deck 5 wraps completely around.

🍹

Yes. And there are exterior stairs connecting 9 and 10. And 5-7. I went down those steps to deck 5, walked around the side and entered by the forward elevators.

• Like 4

Just now, pcrum said:

We did a TA from Port Canaveral to Barcelona on NCL Epic in April, 2019.  It was smooth sailing the entire way.

I guess celebration had a rough one. MarQ mentioned it at the morning show today.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Isn’t there a rule against going topless in the buffet?

when I was getting that cake earlier this guy was running around in there with no shirt on.

2 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Yes and there should be signs posted on the wall at all entrance doors to the Lido restaurant stating it, including next to the auto-doors at the aft pool. It reads ' shirts and shoes are to be worn in the Lido ' or similar. The sign is about 6x9 so it doesn't stand out.

On my last cruise, a woman was in the buffet wearing a string bikini.  Didn’t think to take a picture, and her backside was facing me as I was eating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I was afraid of this. That cheers time thing has me maxed out. That means I must’ve actually had 19 or 20 drinks yesterday counting my morning drinks. The bartender did a manual and is going to put it in later. But that’s such a pain in the butt. I’m going to have to be dealing with this for the next several days unless I leave some room on the back end for tomorrow morning.

Do the specialty coffees count against the Cheers package?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Do the specialty coffees count against the Cheers package?

Not against your 15 unless they have alcohol. Unlimited specialty coffee is included in the package.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I guess celebration had a rough one. MarQ mentioned it at the morning show today.

I was on the Pride TA last fall that left just before the Celebration and the weather was bad and seas were rough. We expected it that time of year so weren’t surprised and still had a great cruise. 

• Like 4

Teppanyaki has three tables going that’s the most I’ve seen this cruise. I’ve seen three running twice. I wonder if adding the lunches watered it down. I remember on panorama it was always full.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Teppanyaki has three tables going that’s the most I’ve seen this cruise. I’ve seen three running twice. I wonder if adding the lunches watered it down. I remember on panorama it was always full.

Teppanyaki is popular on the west coast so that may impact the outlet on Panorama. We've sailed Panorama 10 times and yes, Teppanyaki is popular aboard the ship. 

• Like 3