Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

8 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Chicken and waffle

IMG_7199.thumb.jpeg.3519db97a7cb82a43245509addb70a37.jpeg

IMG_7200.thumb.jpeg.23543530067f1d473e8ad638d93526b9.jpeg

I don’t think chicken is supposed to be red on the inside. This is why you always gotta order the second plate.

IMG_7201.thumb.jpeg.349bd69a6e65677171acee6a34a52307.jpeg

Maybe you ordered it medium rare?

• Haha 6

33 minutes ago, LincolnLog said:

Hey Greg is this a good time to sneak in a Saints question? I'm curious to hear how you feel about Derek Carr. I'm a huge fan of his and I think he will do really well in that offense, and also get to play with a decent defense for the first time in his career. 

I like him. I think he’s a top 12-15 QB in the NFL. Anywhere between 2-5 in the NFC. 

You’re right he’s had a top 20 defense like once in his career. That’s huge. I know we had a lot of 7-9 and 8-8 seasons with Drew Brees when we had bad defenses. It’s really though when you have to carry a team every week.

Carr should have a top 5-10 defense here. He seems happy and motivated. He’s been putting on a gun show at OTAs.

IMG_7204.thumb.jpeg.481931ca6ca781e68d35b92149b46a05.jpeg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Just Jo said:

Milk can get frothy if shaken.  I didn't think this was abnormal.

That's what I was thinking.  A white russian should be stirred, not shaken. Looks like they shook the hell out of it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Is it foggy?

Yes. I swear the people around here. I took about 20 steps away from my table. I was gone less than 30 seconds just to take this picture for you and a lady was moving my drink to another table so she could take my spot.

IMG_7208.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

Just now, Saint Greg said:

Yes. I swear the people around here. I took about 20 steps away from my table. I was gone less than 30 seconds just to take this picture for youband a lady was moving my drink to another table.

IMG_7208.jpeg

Wow

• Like 4

Fishing competition on lido. I kind of thought they’d be catching electronic fish out of the pool or magnetic fish out of a bucket. But they’re tossing and catching them in a bucket and stacking them on their heads. There are more kids than I thought there would be on this ship and the activities are very family friendly. Other than the quest and the one adult comedy show (most days).

• Like 5

I had to go to the bar for a drink. There aren’t any servers…I don’t think there are any lido servers on this cruise.

IMG_7218.thumb.jpeg.6206b855adac822b6e23a710261137c3.jpeg

I just pulled everything out of my pockets and left it on the table. I think my phone was the clincher. I left my phone otherwise I would’ve lost my table in 30 seconds.

IMG_7210.thumb.jpeg.4f794a3cc6ac1aa789f65900e7e24f0b.jpeg

IMG_7209.thumb.jpeg.520f8307e08cbcfcc6a9ca9daadebde3.jpeg

• Like 16

22 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I had to go to the bar for a drink. There aren’t any servers…I don’t think there are any lido servers on this cruise.

IMG_7218.thumb.jpeg.6206b855adac822b6e23a710261137c3.jpeg

I just pulled everything out of my pockets and left it on the table. I think my phone was the clincher. I left my phone otherwise I would’ve lost my table in 30 seconds.

IMG_7210.thumb.jpeg.4f794a3cc6ac1aa789f65900e7e24f0b.jpeg

IMG_7209.thumb.jpeg.520f8307e08cbcfcc6a9ca9daadebde3.jpeg

I wonder if the demographics of a TA changes the way they work…interesting

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Yes. I swear the people around here. I took about 20 steps away from my table. I was gone less than 30 seconds just to take this picture for you and a lady was moving my drink to another table so she could take my spot.

Did you tell her to stop touching your stuff and get lost?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Did you tell her to stop touching your stuff and get lost?

I told her I was sitting there. Then I said something not so under my breath like “I swear the people on this ship. I can’t step away for 5 seconds.”

I need to carry a towel or something. Somehow people reserved seats all day but I can’t step away to take a picture or get a drink or use the bathroom.

• Like 13