NCL air

Soggylog

You will find MANY accounts in this forum.  Some good, some bad.  That search box at the top of the forum will find you many of those, but even looking at a couple of the most recent pages of threads will show you a few threads.  If you have a specific question, I suggest you ask.

• Like 2

You will find alot of opinions on this board. We have used it three times with no problems. If you go with them, you can not choose your flights but once it is booked you can go to the airline website and choose your seats. Just be aware that will be the only thing you have control of. We are ok with that but some people are not. I don't have the time or motivation to shop for the lowest fares so it works for us.

• Yes, you pay your money and you take what you get.  Not unlike other cruise company air departments I am finding out.  If you want any changes or anything non-standard, you  must request  it at least 75 days in advNCE.  Nothing and I mean nothing will be considered after 75 days out.

Kind of difficult to request a change 75 days out since we didn’t get notification of what our flights were 75 days in advance. We are traveling with another couple and requested that we be on the same flights. That didn’t happen and it is inconvenient for us. The airport is an hour and a half away. We had planned to carpool and split parking charges. Guess that is not going to work. 

4 hours ago, Happy fool said:

We are traveling with another couple and requested that we be on the same flights. That didn’t happen and it is inconvenient for us.

Nobody at NCL should have promised that this would happen.  The previous option - Travel With Guarantee (which cost extra) - hasn't been an option in a year.  The T&C of the promo only indicate that passengers booked within a singular reservation will be booked on the same flight.

• 3 weeks later...

I am 77 days out from my cruise, but I have a 2-day pre-cruise deviation.  I see on an NCL webpage that you can request upgrades before 75 days by calling the air department.  Is this still the case, or is this outdated information?  I have read statements on CC before where people have written that you need to wait until the tickets are booked and then need to deal directly with the airline for any upgrades.

Plus, do we find out what our air arrangements are at the 75 day mark?  Also is the 75 days pre air travel or pre cruise dates?

TIA

28 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I see on an NCL webpage that you can request upgrades before 75 days by calling the air department.  Is this still the case, or is this outdated information?

Link?  This may be NEW information!

29 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Plus, do we find out what our air arrangements are at the 75 day mark?  Also is the 75 days pre air travel or pre cruise dates?

Pre-cruise, and you won't get your flights at the 75-day mark...

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

It is 75 days prior to the cruise date....

You will likely not hear AT the 75day mark.  (sometimes maybe, but in reality, they are giving you up to that moment to ask for deviations)...At 75 days prior to cruise is when the air department CAN start shopping for your flights since you are then "locked in".

We've typically received our flight information anywhere between 45-55 days out, but there is a pretty wide range of experiences there.

Everyone is talking about making flight changes prior to 75 days out. Kind of hard to change something that you won't even be notified about until a month later. Unless you're psychic, I suppose.

Also, keep in mind that after final payment (120 days out), if you booked the BOGO it's too late to cancel it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hallux said:

Link?  This may be NEW information!

Pre-cruise, and you won't get your flights at the 75-day mark...

• Can I customize my flights and forfeit the air promotion?
    For guests who prefer customized air arrangements such as specific airline carriers, routing, upgrades, or adding a specific layover, please contact our Air Department at 1-866-625-1163 to request a quote. Customization is only available up to 75 days prior to sailing and is not combinable with any air promotion offered. Once tickets are issued, flights cannot be customized.

I think this is not applicable to the BOGO promotions, but I could be wrong.  Link here:

Norwegian's Flight Booking Service | Norwegian Cruise Line (ncl.com)

27 minutes ago, Daniel A said:
    For guests who prefer customized air arrangements such as specific airline carriers, routing, upgrades, or adding a specific layover, please contact our Air Department at 1-866-625-1163 to request a quote. Customization is only available up to 75 days prior to sailing and is not combinable with any air promotion offered. Once tickets are issued, flights cannot be customized.

I think this is not applicable to the BOGO promotions, but I could be wrong.  Link here:

I found that, but hung up after waiting a few minutes for someone to answer my call.

39 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I believe that is for the NCL Premium Air, different from the BOGO promo.  "Customized air arrangements" being the key phrase.

Edited by hallux
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Does anybody have experience flying to Rome from NYC via NCL Air?  Is that generally a non-stop flight?  Is there a particular airline typically used?

From JFK yes

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Does anybody have experience flying to Rome from NYC via NCL Air?  Is that generally a non-stop flight?  Is there a particular airline typically used?

It can be - I had a non-stop from Rome to JFK, but that wasn't my final destination, so my reservation would have taken priority since it still takes another 2 legs for me to get home to the west coast. Another time I had a layover in Munich.

They will use any airline that has available flights.

4 minutes ago, julig22 said:

It can be - I had a non-stop from Rome to JFK, but that wasn't my final destination, so my reservation would have taken priority since it still takes another 2 legs for me to get home to the west coast. Another time I had a layover in Munich.

They will use any airline that has available flights.

I'll be leaving from and returning to NYC.  I just don't want to board a plane at JFK or Newark only to fly to St. Louis or Dallas and then on to Rome.  I would imagine nonstop flights would be more economical for NCL than multi leg flights, but I don't fly much internationally.  

8 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I'll be leaving from and returning to NYC.  I just don't want to board a plane at JFK or Newark only to fly to St. Louis or Dallas and then on to Rome.  I would imagine nonstop flights would be more economical for NCL than multi leg flights, but I don't fly much internationally.  

You have no choice in the matter - you get the route NCL chooses.  And if it happens to be via St. Louis or Dallas or Toronto or Germany, that's what you get. NCL makes deals with the airlines, non-stop may not be available in your situation.  For example, if they have negotiated 10 tickets from JFK to Rome on a non-stop and have 10 people where JFK-Rome would be the last leg, those 10 people get the NS, you get something else. But if they do have an available seat, they will certainly assign it to you.

My first NCL trip to Rome was NS from Toronto, but first to Denver, then to Toronto.  Quite a few passengers were coming from Toronto and they did NOT get a NS flight.

We have used it, not the best but cheaper.

Our next cruise we fly from Philadelphia to London. 

Our flights are:

Philadelphia to Canada change planes and fly to London. Leave Philadelphia 3:30pm arrival in London at 6:30 am. Not to bad.

Coming home is terrible.

London to LAX(Los Angeles) change planes and fly to Philadelphia 🤔🤔🤔 Leave London around 6:30 pm get to Philadelphia the next day.

8 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Everyone is talking about making flight changes prior to 75 days out. Kind of hard to change something that you won't even be notified about until a month later. Unless you're psychic, I suppose.

What you can change (or request) prior to 75 days out is the deviation of 1 or 2 days before and/or after the cruise.  Once you are inside 75 days, you can no longer make or change your request.