Back to back cruises incentives?

luv2bcruzn

1 hour ago, miched said:

What you did is called a side by side.  We did that one time  and were in suites for both cruises, and also Elite Plus.   The sailings were out of the same port and Celebrity didn’t do anything for us.  We asked if they could transfer our luggage and we were told that they couldn’t do that.  They told us that we could stay on board until 11 with all of the privileges.   At 9:30 we were told that we had to leave as they had to zero out the ship.  We left, got out luggage and walked over to the adjoining terminal.  They wouldn’t take our luggage as it was too soon.   We found a shady area and sat on our luggage until 11:00 when they finally accepted our luggage and then let us into the terminal.  

This was about 5 years ago.  It is nice to hear that Celebrity is now accommodating those that are doing side by side cruises.  

We did get the discount for the side by side the same as for a B2B.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thank you for the description of A Side by Side!

D. B.

8 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

The rest of us puzzled about how some people could take so much joy in "winning" anything based on having the answers ahead of the game.  Between that and the people googling every question on their cell phone using their wifi package and the people grading their own papers and writing in the answers as the answers are given (Yes, we've seen both), it makes me want to never play Trivia on a ship again.

My wife and I sit in on trivia but never officially play.  We have found that on the B2B's we have taken the same questions have not been repeated the following cruise.  Maybe we just got lucky or maybe it's designed this way but I would consider it in poor taste for them to simple repeat the same questions week after week. 

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

My wife and I sit in on trivia but never officially play.  We have found that on the B2B's we have taken the same questions have not been repeated the following cruise.  Maybe we just got lucky or maybe it's designed this way but I would consider it in poor taste for them to simple repeat the same questions week after week. 

We've found both. Depends on the particular assistant cruise director or crew member handing the assignment.  Some are lazy.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

We've found both. Depends on the particular assistant cruise director or crew member handing the assignment.  Some are lazy.

We went to participate in “Wheel of Fortune” activity.   It was just audience participation.  It was no fun.  As soon as the question was put on the screen and before the clue was give people were yelling out the answer.   The host said he couldn’t believe that there were so many experts in the audience.  It was the same for trivia.   There were many getting 100% of the answers.   This was before everyone had internet but people would have notebooks filled with answers from previous cruises.  

I asked the host why don’t they mix it up and change the questions.   His reply was the standard “We can only do what Home Office sends (or wants us) to do” that they usually give when they don’t want to admit it was their choosing.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

2 hours ago, miched said:

We went to participate in “Wheel of Fortune” activity.   It was just audience participation.  It was no fun.  As soon as the question was put on the screen and before the clue was give people were yelling out the answer.   The host said he couldn’t believe that there were so many experts in the audience.  It was the same for trivia.   There were many getting 100% of the answers.   This was before everyone had internet but people would have notebooks filled with answers from previous cruises.  

I asked the host why don’t they mix it up and change the questions.   His reply was the standard “We can only do what Home Office sends (or wants us) to do” that they usually give when they don’t want to admit it was their choosing.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I like the Yes or No game/activity because it can't be something googled or remembered from the last cruise!

Back to the original topic…and thanks for asking!  I had no idea this B2B discount was a possibility.  Contacted my TA who advised I got $50 off my 4-night cruise and another $100 off the 10-night that will follow.

I love Cruise Critic 😉

• Like 4