Beverage carryon

17 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Carnival doesn't allow bottles, are you confusing cruise lines maybe?

I do remember reading the same thing somewhere in Royal.  So LadySail2 isn't delusional.   But, then I saw recent photos of plastic bottles, so I stopped worrying about it.  It might have been pie-in-the-sky going green plan that hit the reality that purchased water is almost always in plastic.  

54 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

I do remember reading the same thing somewhere in Royal.  So LadySail2 isn't delusional.   But, then I saw recent photos of plastic bottles, so I stopped worrying about it.  It might have been pie-in-the-sky going green plan that hit the reality that purchased water is almost always in plastic.  

I never thought she was delusional.  Carnival has a different policy and sometimes people get the policies confused.  The port workers also get the policies confused frequently as some terminals are used by multiple cruise lines.

• Like 1

I’m not delusional, thank goodness…it must be..cans only for Carnival, and plastic only for Royal.  I cruise mostly on Royal, but honestly couldn’t remember who took my plastic bottles of Pepsi. Now that Carnival serves Pepsi..I don’t have to think about bringing any.  But will have to on Royal…and I’m not trying to start a Pepsi vs Coke war, so please don’t comment on my choice.  Thanks for everyone’s help. 😊

• Like 4

On 5/30/2023 at 10:25 AM, roupa said:

Seems to me that carrying on wine, water etc would be a heavy burden and take up packing space.  If I am spending $$$ for a cruise, I would factor in the purchase price on board. Can the added cost on the overall vacation price be that overwhelming?  How much does one really save BYOB?

water is plentiful and fine.…refill your carry on bottle.

By the way, any drinks ordered on board can be taken back to your cabin… or anywhere on board.

How kind of you to be so concerned about the burdens of others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

I’m not delusional, thank goodness…it must be..cans only for Carnival, and plastic only for Royal.  I cruise mostly on Royal, but honestly couldn’t remember who took my plastic bottles of Pepsi. Now that Carnival serves Pepsi..I don’t have to think about bringing any.  But will have to on Royal…and I’m not trying to start a Pepsi vs Coke war, so please don’t comment on my choice.  Thanks for everyone’s help. 😊

Well, you can bring Pepsi cans onto Royal.   But, the plastic bottles are bigger and they allow that size.  

• Like 1

It's not always about the money. My wife can't drink any sodas with high fructose corn syrup, so we bring on the soda she can drink as a vacation splurge.

And sometimes it is about the money. My daughter is saving as much as she can for grad school. If she saves $20 a bottle on wine and we carry on two bottles for her she'll probably go most of the trip without having to buy wine on the ship. For her, it makes a difference.

People gotta do themselves.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Well, you can bring Pepsi cans onto Royal.   But, the plastic bottles are bigger and they allow that size.  

Thank you HappyTexan44. Nothing better than a really cold soda from a really cold can on a hot day.  😊

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Yes Royal can bring both Cans/Bottles. That's why I bring the Plastic Bottles, 12count limit of 12oz Cans OR 16.9oz Bottles, I'll go with more fluids