Question about this board...

Forgive me for asking, but I have no idea what it means when I get a notification that mentions "XYZ reacted to a post"... "JOHN123 reacted to a post". 

I feel sort of silly, as I have been on the board for over a year now.  Anyhow, can someone explain what it means??  I've been getting quite a few of them.

----Matthew

• Haha 1

In the bottom right corner of a comment, there is a heart button that has different reactions. You can click that instead of commenting if you want to quickly send a like, thanks, or haha. When you get that "soandso reacted to a post" notification, it means someone hit that button on something you said.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MisterMatthew said:

Oh, okay.  Lol... I understand now. 

I hope most of my "reactions" are positive!

Only positive "reactions" are allowed. No thumbs-down button! On your post above, two people clicked the heart for "like," and I clicked the laughing face for "haha." 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Only positive "reactions" are allowed. No thumbs-down button! On your post above, two people clicked the heart for "like," and I clicked the laughing face for "haha." 

You have SOME NERVE for laughing at me!

Ha ha.  Just kidding of course.  Thanks for the clarification my friend.

----Matthew

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, MisterMatthew said:

Oh, okay.  Lol... I understand now. 

I hope most of my "reactions" are positive!

You can find out who had what reaction by going to the upper right corner of the roster of threads page. There, you will see a bell, with a number of notifications. Remember that number, as it disappears as soon as you click on it! Then you will see a list of who reacted, on what thread. You can click on those, and be taken to your post where the reaction is. 

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

You can find out who had what reaction by going to the upper right corner of the roster of threads page. There, you will see a bell, with a number of notifications. Remember that number, as it disappears as soon as you click on it! Then you will see a list of who reacted, on what thread. You can click on those, and be taken to your post where the reaction is. 

Ruth--- thank you. I'm learning more ea day!  I am composing a trip report now.  In fact, half of it is posted already.

-----Matthew

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

You can also turn off notifications. But I can’t remember how I did it. 😝

To turn off notifications, go to the top of page, right hand side, where your CC name and avatar are located and click on that, then choose account settings. Once there, on the right hand side will be a selection of "other settings" including turning on/off notifications.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RuthC said:

Tapping / clicking the colored heart, smiley, or trophy will provide a list of usernames that  made the reaction. On the list that pops up in the top right corner is a down arrowhead. Tapping / clicking the arrowhead will drop a list of reaction counts.