Dining Credits?

jules815

46 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

It means you have two free dinners each at some of the specialty restaurants. The actual value will depend on which restaurants you are offered.

Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind. Strange though, when I looked for Tamarind on the HAL website for NS, it didn't show up. Is Tamarind the Asian restaurant? Scrolled down to the second page of our booking from my travel agent and found all kinds of goodies included that we weren't aware of. Premium internet, Elite Beverage packages, excursion credits, gratuities, etc. 

Edited by jules815
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Tamarind is Asian fusion, yes.

All these items are in the "Have It All" package. You weren't aware your booking came with those?

Actually I had only been focused on itineraries. We were looking for something specifically from Ft. Lauderdale sailing on April 7th, but kinda burned out on the Caribbean. (We'll be in FLL for a wedding prior to the cruise) Messaged my travel agent (first time using one) this morning and had her book it for us. Not at all the norm for how I usually book a cruise. I usually know so much about the ship before I book, too. 

Having Elite Bev, Premium I'net and Gratuities, you have the best HIA (have it all) package - congrats!

As others have said, you should really look at booking specialty dining and excursions that really interest you as soon as possible as they do fill up.

Enjoy your cruise!!

2 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Having Elite Bev, Premium I'net and Gratuities, you have the best HIA (have it all) package - congrats!

As others have said, you should really look at booking specialty dining and excursions that really interest you as soon as possible as they do fill up.

Enjoy your cruise!!

So is Elite the one that includes everything up to $15, as well as specialty coffees, bottled water, etc? My husband was asking if you can get fresh squeezed oj on HAL ships? 

Just tried specialty dining and it said not available yet. Still too soon? 

I know so little about HAL, feeling like a noob here. 😆 Very excited though.

6 minutes ago, jules815 said:

So is Elite the one that includes everything up to $15, as well as specialty coffees, bottled water, etc? My husband was asking if you can get fresh squeezed oj on HAL ships? 

Just tried specialty dining and it said not available yet. Still too soon? 

I know so little about HAL, feeling like a noob here. 😆 Very excited though.

Yes Elite covers up to $15 per drink; Signature covers to $11. Remember you can go over and just pay the difference and the 18%.

HAL does have fresh squeezed juices.

If specialty dining isn't showing yet, just keep checking back.

Poke around in the threads and ask questions - you'll learn so much that will enhance your cruise. IMO.

Welcome to HAL!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OP, just as a FYI, the Have It All (HIA) package is a bundling of amenities offered as a discount.  The HIA does increase the cost of your cruise so I suggest you review the amenities included in it and determine whether it is good value for you.  We recently sailed to Alaska with HIA and found it offered very little value for us.  We booked a future cruise while onboard and did not include the HIA on the booking.

Edited by cbr663
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, cbr663 said:

OP, just as a FYI, the Have It All (HIA) package is a bundling of amenities offered as a discount.  The HIA does increase the cost of your cruise so I suggest you review the amenities included in it and determine whether it is good value for you.  We recently sailed to Alaska with HIA and found it offered very little value for us.  We booked a future cruise while onboard and did not include the HIA on the booking.

Excellent suggestion.  Just to add to this there are 3 prices.

1) non refundable

2) advantage pricing

3) HIA

The non refundable is the cheapest and as the name suggests is non refundable.  The second is not showing on the website.  You have to ask HAL or your TA for that pricing.  This has no perks but is refundable.  HIA is with various perks and is refundable.

• Like 2